 Marketplace / Services / 194
Re: BrickBank ! (was Re: BrickBay Enhancement )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:29:43 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.market.services, Jon Kozan writes:
In lugnet.market.services, Dan Jezek writes:
In lugnet.market.services, Andreas Stabno writes:

AucZilla and BAYLIT move to BrickBay
What I'd like to know is what it would take to get other Lego
businesses (for example BAYLIT) to move to Brickbay...

BAYLIT - (for my part)
I'll be short and to the point.
Brickbay is great, but it still doesn't answer the needs most
builders have for volume parts.  Maybe LEGO Direct will... •       <snip>
Sure it's not real time, but I have soo many parts, I am out
of stock rather rarely.

Actually, it didn't seem to me you had all that many parts.  The scale of
parts seemed like it would fit BrickBay very nicely.  That said, I was very
impressed with your formatting and layout.  An impressive site, just not much
on it (by my standards).  If Dan (Siskind) can list 100,000 parts in
Brickmania, (the size of store I'm after) I'm sure BayLit would fit.  However,
I think you said before that since you've already implemented your system, it
would be a lot more work if you moved to BrickBay, and I can understand that.

Actually it's not about how many parts are listed but how many lots - 1,000
parts or 10 parts listed in 1 lot don't make a difference.  I think the
problem here are the fees - why not list Baylit's existing inventory with
prices 2% higher than how much they are now and thus getting around this
problem?
It would be interesting to have half a million parts available on the site.

There is always the mass inventory upload feature which was designed with this
kind of purpose in mind:
http://www.brickbay.com/invXML.asp

:-)

- Dan