 Marketplace / Services / 198
Re: BrickBank ! (was Re: BrickBay Enhancement )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:09:15 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Todd Lehman writes:
LUGNET runs on a descendent of UNIX called FreeBSD.

Todd, can you offer any opinions regarding FreeBSD v. Linux?  At work we are
using Linux, but I often hear how FreeBSD is just a tad more stable.  Of
course, Linux has all this buzz going for it.  Whaddaya think?  How has
FreeBSD served Lugnet over time (and I guess I am recalling the downtime some
months back when you and Suz were otherwise preoccupied)?

And I'll second the interest in what flavor database Lugnet is running.
Personally, I rather like Oracle, but my experience is a bit limited and I am
not exactly SQL obsessed.  Still interested in whatever you may offer though...

-- Richard