 Marketplace / Services / 173
Re: BrickBay Enhancement (was Re: PayPal only in USA?!?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 18:18:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Dan Jezek writes:
In lugnet.market.services, Steve Chapple writes:
Does anyone know what the percentage of buyers USA/non-USA is for
AucZilla, BrickBay, etc.?  If 90% are USA, then I guess just use
PayPal and us second world residents will do things the hard way.

78% are in US as can be seen here:
http://www.brickbay.com/users.asp

So if the funds transfer were made more convenient, how bid a change do you
suppose we'd see take place.  I know the hour I wasted yesterday getting
US$ and stamps hinders me from buying more LEGO on-line.  I wouldn't be
surprised if non-USA went from 1/5 to 1/2 if we could get free-trade.
(Hmmm - NAFTA for LEGO - LFTA - LEGO Free Trade Agreement - ???)

Paypal is supposed to expand internationally in the near future
or so they say.

Yeah - Larry said they've been saying that for quite a while now...

SRC