 Marketplace / Services / 167
Re: BrickBay Enhancement (was Re: PayPal only in USA?!?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 20:56:00 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Steve Chapple writes:
<brickBank!>

I gotta run, I will respond in depth later, but yes, in principle this idea
has a great deal of merit. It is encompassed by the Lugnet Manifesto so it's
theoretically coming to here. But Todd moves at Todd-speed, so if Dan can get
there first, bravo.

There is nothing I would like more than to be out of the factoring business so
I can devote more time to designing and selling and building for fun (and
lambasting those who are clueless economically, see a current dear-lego
thread).

Most of my underlying transactions are handled as washes, I would say I
actually move money to or from a factoree to rebalance about 1 every 10-20
transactions on the average.

The devil is in the details on this one, though. A great deal of thought is
needed before one can automate what is now a manual process (for me anyway).

As to selling enough to keep current with buying, I suspect that's not
workable, there are people who are way on one side and people who are way on
the other. I am a huge net buyer right now and later hope to be a huge net
seller.