 Marketplace / Services / 178
Re: BrickBank ! (was Re: BrickBay Enhancement )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 15:41:04 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Jake McKee writes:
move to BrickBay, I don't really think that will happen. Before I explain, let
me point out that the concept of BrickBay is wonderful. In fact,
Bricksonthebrain.com's beta site has a version I had gotten about 15% complete
on before BrickBay launched and I stopped work, so the concept is certainly
sound.

The idea of BrickBay however is for a large amount of *individuals* to come
together under one area to *act* as a single business. However, as a single
business, my distinction is that I *am* a single business. This means that
customers can rely on a certain quality of customer service, parts, honest
sales pitches, proper packaging, professional invoicing, etc. This can never
be guaranteed when dealing with individuals.

??

To paraphrase any number of sources... "Brickbay is only a venue."

Why can't a business use it just as easily as an individual?  This is honest
curiosity - I just don't get why you think it wouldn't work for a business.
None of the points that you mention above (reliability et al) are precluded by
using Brickbay as your venue.

James