 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *4074 (-100)
  Re: Bulk Bricks and LEGO auctions

<snip> I agree with Allan and Kerry and Ben. The survey technology, while catchy and sexy and pretty to look at and all that, is, in my view, fundamentally flawed. There needs to be a way to compress similar answers together and revote or reweigh (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Bricks and LEGO auctions

<above section all snipped> (...) I am glad someone not only shares my view, but also has good enough examples to give credence to the argument. I think people, others and myself, have posted this before on Lugnet when they still had the "old" page (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Bricks and LEGO auctions

(...) Hello Jake, First.... thanks for a quick response. Next.... I do want to address something that still stands out for me, with information taken from the posting you noted above. I'm not trying to be argumentative, but rather am concerned that (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  My Opinion (was Bulk Bricks and Auctions)

(...) The drawback with this method is that it actually leads to a proliferation of additional responses. If I look at the randomly selected list and don't see an option that meets my needs, then I add it. Then I discover a couple of screens later (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  lego direct, please make some space product

All other main themes have had something. Train has the MOT, the metroliner, the accessory packs and now this new train. Town has the Gas & Wash Express, the Pizza To Go, the Breezeway Cafe and some great accessory packs Castle has the Guarded Inn, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Bricks and LEGO auctions

(...) Allan, Good questions about the way the functionality works. This same questions have come up in the past: (URL) out the answers over there, and if I missed anything in the original post, please let me know. Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee Sr. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Bricks and LEGO auctions

(...) One thing kept coming to mind as I went through, On a number of screens you are asked to pick up to 5 items and rank them. However, the list of items offered is never complete. When you get to the next screen, that shows the overall rankings (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: old sets return

(...) Hm...so that means there's a chance that they might show up at the Lego Outlet(s)....cool! I've noticed that the Dawsonville, Georgia (Atlanta area) had a truck the other week with a lot of cool stuff...Imperial Shuttles, they had 4 (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: old sets return

(...) Ah, so it wasn't a dream, it was more like a premonition! :-) Maggie C. (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: old sets return

(...) Your're right. I remember too. John Henry Kruer (whose been collecting his Lego catalogs for a long time) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: old sets return

(...) Apparently it was a flub. I just got off the phone with Enfield (they're there on weekends now, hurrah!), and they said that yes, the stock numbers are in their system, but no, they're not yet orderable--maybe in a week or so, when these (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: old sets return

(...) soapbox again- available in ALL countries ofcourse. Incidently, I read somewhere else that the 10020 was some kind of SuperChief train, which also showed up on the S@H website, but is gone now too. Perhaps in the near future, we will get (...) (23 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: old sets return

(...) They HAVE to be reissues, Pizza To Go had sold out totaly at one time! I remember it being in the Cataglog that it was SOLD OUT... I was glad I got one! Josh (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  American International Toy Fair

Dear Lego Direct, Good luck at the 99th annual American International Toy Fair which begins in New York tomorrow. I hope our peak at sets 10020, 10036, and 10037 is just the beginning and we have at least 18 new sets to ponder over purchasing in the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Surprise, new train set

Dear Brad Justus, The word is out about the Santa Fe Super Chief (Item #: 10020) Could you please shed some more light on this set? We're exited about it and very curious. (...) It was there, but it has been removed again. My speculation: Shop@Home (...) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: old sets return

(...) <snip> (...) They got new numbers 10036 and 10037 but they are no longer on the web, must have been a slip on LEGO's side. /Tobbe (URL) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: old sets return

(...) The question I want answered is: what are sets 10020 through 10035 going to be? We may have to wait on this one for a while. (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: old sets return

(...) These may not be reissues, they could be old stock (like a number of the old service packs that have shown up lately) Anyone at TLC want to confirm one way or the other? But even if they are old stock, its still good to be able to get them :) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Bricks and LEGO auctions: Different for me?

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:Gr8J22.Fs7@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) That could be it. perhaps I didn't enter my birthday properly when I set up the account. I have just created a new one, but at the moment am (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Bricks and LEGO auctions: Different for me?

(...) Some sessions are targeted only to adults (over 18) or only to Kids (under 18), while others are targeted to both. If you signed up as an adult, for instance, you would only see the sessions targeted to adults. Hope this helps. Jake --- Jake (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Browsing S@H

I would really like to understand why the different bulk parts are not listed as one Item code with a color extension. Example: All 1x2 bricks with the same item number and varying color codes - LG, light grey; DG, dark grey; BK, black; BU, blue; (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Bricks and LEGO auctions: Different for me?

(...) Here in Sweden it works fine both today and yesterday, look for this text in the middle of the pop-up window (does not work in Netscape 6.x it seems): "Join one or more of the following evaluations to contribute your opinion. Tell us about... (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:Gr5318.Fn4@lugnet.com... (...) the option of doing a 'spotlight evaluation' on the LEGO wish list and seemingly nothing else. Is it different for us Europeans, or am I missing (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Jake McKee wrote in message ... (...) Are the auctions intended to be auction held by LEGO to sell LEGO items, or is it more an auction service where users can post their own items? It's not clear from the survey. You guys might want to bear in mind (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Troy's Surplus Lego wrote in message ... (...) The last survey had exactly the same problem, and I commented on it IIRC. Yes, here: (URL) won't say anything about learning from experience, or reading the comments people post here... I won't... I (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Bricks and LEGO auctions

The first question asks "Why did you visit LEGO.com today?" "To give my opinions on Bulk Bricks" is not one of the options.... and none of the others seem to apply. You (meaning whoever comes up with the questions) should consider having an "Other" (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Bricks and LEGO auctions

(...) Good point! The URL changed mid-production for us! We will get that fixed up tomorrow. Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Bricks and LEGO auctions

(...) colors, early folks don't get to really voice their color opinions. That may be true of other categories also, but in others, there were enough good choices already. The colors choices should have been pre-loaded at least with all the colors (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Bricks and LEGO auctions

Taking the survey right now...quick thought: You should either change BrickBay to BrickLink, or make it BrickBay/BrickLink. to avoid confusion or problems. Matt (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Bulk Bricks and LEGO auctions

Bulk Bricks... that wonderful subject. For all of us here, there never seems to be enough access to bricks! We want more colors and more variety of parts. Many times, we want a few of this and some of that, but there always seems to be a few special (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: The January 2002 catalog contains an error... Still!

At least you get a catalogue. I've not received a catalogue with any of my S@H orders. I've emailed requesting one and was told there wasn't an Australian one, but they said they'd send me a European one, but nothing ever came. It would seem to me (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The January 2002 catalog contains an error... Still!

(...) XFUT lego.direct as I believe it may be more appropriate (and it's where you may get an official response... hopefully you're more than just *wishing* the catalog were fixed :-) ) ++Lar (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  White baseplate?

"Mike Poirier" <mike.poirier@attbi.com> wrote in message news:... (...) Actually to finish this thought on a "snow" idea... how about a white baseplate for some winter scenes. And I think this would come in particularly handy for a nice Battle of (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: How about Light Gray Assorted Roof Bricks???? Lego Direct/Brad

"Bryan Kinkel" <helpdesk@loseyourmind.com> wrote in message news:Gqt1x7.LoC@lugnet.com... (...) How about slope bricks in white? I'm wondering if I can get a snow-on-the-roof effect... (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: How about Light Gray Assorted Roof Bricks???? Lego Direct/Brad

(...) Don't stake your life on it! lol (23 years ago, 2-Feb-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  How about Light Gray Assorted Roof Bricks???? Lego Direct/Brad

I can't help but add my name to the list of petitioners for a light gray sloped bricks pack. I recently started to build a model based on a small shop in my township and noticed that I have only a handful of light gray, sloped bricks. But I cannot (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Check Out What's New at shop.LEGO.com!

(...) Loads OK (very slow though) on my Netscape 4.6. ROSCO (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Check Out What's New at shop.LEGO.com!

(...) Thank you! This is a very welcome addition. It's been hard to detect new listings and this will be a big help as more new and exciting products come online (hint hint)... One problem, though - it won't load under Netscape 4.7. It loads fine (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Jarid Lukin" <jarid.lukin@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:GqHyr1.4As@lugnet.com... (...) offerings: (...) that (...) At last! We have been waiting for that feature for ages! THANK YOU! Now, can we have a button at the bottom: "Add all to (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Check Out What's New at shop.LEGO.com!

We are always adding LEGO sets and accessories to our online assortment. Now, you can check out this page for the latest product news and offerings: (URL) it's a new item, a service update or a long-gone LEGO favorite that is now available, you will (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My Own Truck---Town based products

(...) well....that is correct....that the line was brought out by Lego Direct.... HOWEVER..... <geek cap on> the role of dear.lego is to convey messages to the company. Lego Direct is a facet of the company. <I think>, that the newsgroup lego.direct (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: My Own Truck---Town based products

(...) I was under the impression that My Own Train was brought to us by Lego Direct. I could be wrong... Thanks, Jonathan (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: My Own Truck---Town based products

(...) well not any police stations or fire stations, especially not juniorized ones. (I already have 3 different juniorized (fire) stations, but only 1 juniorized police station.) My own house would be cool... 4 different house designs in 4 (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: My Own Truck---Town based products

How about "My Own Town"? A line from which you can buy all the elements needed to compose your own town, the way you want it yourself: Houses, petrol station, fire station, police head quarter, restaurants, various shops and cars and buses and so (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: My Own Truck---Town based products

(...) I like, I like (translation, I WANT IT NOW!) Josh (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: New stuff on www.LEGO.com

(...) Get a filter like Proxomitron. It kills annoying java dead. (URL) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New stuff on www.LEGO.com

(...) Yes. Please make them stop. (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My Own Truck---Town based products

(...) Good idea. I suppose they could do the same with just about any theme (depending on sales) to allow some colour/size options/customisations. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  Re: My Own Truck---Town based products

(...) sure...why not...sounds like an excellent idea!!! Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  My Own Truck---Town based products

I had an idea for this a while ago. I am sure you are already moving forward with ideas and products for quite a while to come, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyway. Like 'My Own Train', why not make a 'My Own Truck' series. There could be a (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.town)

  New stuff on www.LEGO.com

Jake, A couple of things - 1) I noticed that Lego has started to use those Flash advertisements that popup in the middle of your screen. In this case, they are advertising the new Lego produced show on Fox TV. (I can't recall the name, but it was (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: bulk discount question

Actually I have a similar question/but in a different area. I noticed that once you buy say 4 3342 boxes, the price goes down, but not for the 3340/3341, 5 628 baseplates is one price, 4 is higher, and 6 is still lower, WHAT IS GOING ON? Broken web (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  New stuff on www.LEGO.com

Greetings, I wanted to drop you all a quick note to let you know that we have updated the (URL) home page and global nav area in an ongoing effort to improve the navigation and user experience of the Web site. If you have a minute, check it out. We (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: bulk discount question

That's any in "Buy any 5 bags,save 5%". You can buy any 5 bags to save 5%, you can test it in your cart, you will find the price will be 5% original price when you buy 5 bags in your cart. Don't checkout if you don't want to buy really. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  bulk discount question

This is for someone from Lego or anyone who's used the bulk discount. In the new (January 2002) US catalog, it says on page 31, "Buy any 5 bags, save 5%" etc. Does this mean they have to be 5 (or 10, or 15) bags of the same item? Or any combination (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Bricks Availability

(...) LOL Bill, They are! :-) Did you happen to know that the best sales ARE in the light gray? lol Cheers, (23 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Bulk Bricks Availability

Dear Lego, I was working on an idea to build sculpture models using the bulk bricks available from Shop@Home. I wanted to make the same design in different colors. However, when I looked at the availability of the parts, I was really dismayed to (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New bulk discount

(...) I hope this will happen verry soon. I'm waiting on it to place my new order. (...) Not only Germany, but around the world, so that our Aussie friends can have there chare of the cake too! How shall we notice it when the discount counts for (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Mecha Joint Tech

(...) Well, this maybe true... But actually, I have spent a lot of time building models that "feel" like toys; not so much because I'm going to play with them, but because someone else is undoubtedly going to try and move the joints the "natural" (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Mecha Joint Tech

(...) <snip> (...) Yes, I have been playing with those for about a week now. In some ways, I am very pleased by the design of these new click elements; in other ways, I am as frustrated by them as I was with the throwbot ball sockets. perhaps a 1x2 (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Mecha Joint Tech

(...) Huh? ;) -Dave (23 years ago, 16-Jan-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Mecha Joint Tech

(...) Something they should (and probably won't) release immediately is an accessory pack of just the hinges with friction pins on either end -- no arm lengths! They probably can't do anything smaller than the 2x2x2 socket element based on the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Mecha Joint Tech

(...) Yes but they're scale models, not toys. (I have to keep reminding myself of this ;-) Actually once you go with gears, a non-geared joint just isn't as much fun, not as realistic, though technically a real mecha wouldn't use gears, more like (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Mecha Joint Tech

(...) Good point. They are too weak not be doubled up in large mecha and that technique limits the flexability- especially in the arms. (...) Plus , they're rather costly to acquire. Furthermore,(and I hope Brian Cooper takes no offense to this (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New bulk discount

(...) Yes, initially there were 5 B00x parts. The 1x4x3 thin wall (except it was the clear one which was B001, and the 1x4x5 window with trans light blue glass (B002) have become normal parts. B004 and B005 the red and black low slope peaks are both (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New bulk discount

(...) The theory is that these are numbered this way because they are "mistakes"... that is, they were put in the catalog erroneously (who would want a red door with a green pane if there are no windows to go with it, or a ridge tile for low slopes (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New bulk discount

2 x 4 Ridge Roof Tile Low Sloped Black Red Frame, Black Door, Green Pane Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New bulk discount

<snip> (...) </snip anyone figure out what these are? (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New bulk discount

hello! (...) Please, PLEASE make this available also in Germany! I would be really glad if I could buy some of these packs (about 20) BEFORE they are sold out only to appear on eBay in masses. Please don't sell limited supplies to be sold out in a (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: (No) New Lego Trains anytime soon?

(...) Just 79 more "wondering days" till April Fools! Get those jokes ready, avoid the last minute rush. FUT .fun (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: (No) New Lego Trains anytime soon?

(...) Oh Oh!!! I wonder what Ben has up his sleeve this year.... :) Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: (No) New Lego Trains anytime soon?

(...) Ah Ben, up to your old tricks eh? Newbies, watch out. :-) As for me, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Delivery criticism!

(...) I'm sorry for you, Michael. I have ordered 5 or 6 times (via phone) at S@H and have always chosen lowest priority shipping. Despite of that the package came everytime within less than 4 working days. Never had any trouble with delivery or (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: (No) New Lego Trains anytime soon?

(...) At least the German 2002 catalogue (showing what you can buy in toy stores) 2002 is so bad that there is only hope for the next year left (and for new S@H releases)... On 75 pages there are 2 pages with sets I might think about to buy. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New bulk discount

As an addition to this, you will find that the discount code also applies to the My Own Train Cars (open freight wagon, tanker, caboose etc). If you buy 5 or more and enter the code, it gives you 10% off these items. Richard. "Jarid Lukin" (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Bulk discount

This post may be of interest to folks (URL) it outlines how the bulk discount at S@H works for now. FUT market.shopping... (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New bulk discount

All, Currently, the bulk discount only applies to the items on page 30 and 31 of the catalog and only in North America. I've appended the entire list of item numbers below for your reference. Also, in order to qualify for the discount, you must (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: doors and windows pack

"Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote in message news:Gpq6xy.EIv@lugnet.com... (...) But the printed catalogue says 172! lawrence (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: doors and windows pack

(...) I see 260 pieces? Confused me there :) Dan (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  doors and windows pack

Sorry if you have all seen this before, but I noticed in the new s@h catalogue a bulk doors and windows pack - 9274, 172 pieces. I thought funny, I was looking through bulk on-line yesterday and didn't notice it. So I went back and typed the set (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Surprise Bag Offer Questions

(...) I don't think we have seen this type of deal from Shop At Home for a few years, but in the 1990's it was offered most years. Some past discussions about similar offers are here --> (URL) the first 5 discussions listed here --> (URL) no one yet (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Surprise Bag Offer Questions

In one of my 2002 catalog there is a card for a surprise bag offer when ordering from the catalog. Has anyone done this before? Does it turn out to be worth it? What sets did you get with this deal in the past? The deal lists two Surprise Bags, one (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(

(...) The 129EUR is approximately the price in shops here (800FF). 88EUR seems very cheap, maybe I should order before they spot their mistake? Jürgen (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.at)

  Re: New bulk discount

(...) I tried only ordering from Pages 30-31, and it didn't work either. I tried online, and with two different phone reps. The second rep suggested I call customer service at 1-800-835-4386 when they opened. I did have a happy ending. I called (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Shop At Home catalog Engine Shed

(...) Full Sized 396 ones in black, with & without flanges (4-8-8-4 Big Boy!) Josh (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Delivery criticism!

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Lawrence Wilkes (<GpFHst.HAE@lugnet.com>) wrote at 19:21:56 (...) I have. It took over a month and many phone calls to get one of my (not so) recent orders. In the end they sent it again. At the time I wasn't paying too much (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New bulk discount

(...) I think you guys are missing what's printed on the page in the catalogue. In mine at least it says the discount is on packs bought from pages 30-31 in the catalogue. NOT on any and all packs you want. Could that be the problem? Eric (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New bulk discount

I just tried this and it didn't work for me. My catalog code was "J111". Did you use a different one? Mark (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New bulk discount

John, When you are on the shopping cart page, there is a place towards the bottom to put in your catalog code (from the back of the catalog). I just checked, by placing some trees in my cart, and applying the catalog code did get me the discount. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New bulk discount

(...) discount? (...) Related to that, I was unable to get the free t-shirt with the $75 order online before Christmas-- the item number kept getting rejected so I ended up ordering by phone to get it. Maggie C. (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New bulk discount

(...) Ditto. I just verified this by attempting to order 15 copies of grey 2x4 bricks. I got all the way to "Submit Order" with no discount being applied. x-post & FUT lugnet.lego.direct so that someone from Lego sees & (hopefully) answers. thanks, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(

Wessel inspired me to do my own little survey. My pick was slightly different; not so much the high end of the range, but across the themes and prices (and more or less my own taste ;-). I found some strange stuff....... My pick: 7191 Collector's (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.at)

  Re: Shop At Home catalog Engine Shed

(...) And make some without flanges, too! ROSCO (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(

(...) Sorry if it wasn't clear but I was agreeing with you... this is an inexplicable variance that over time would expected to become invariant, hopefully at the lower price points. That's the thesis of The Economist, and my hope as well. (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GpFJ64.LBE@lugnet.com... (...) No. I meant there isn't any VAT difference at all, now. Period In the EU VAT is charged at the rate of the selling country, not the customers country. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(

(...) Right, I think that's what The Economist was driving at... that these sorts of inexplicable variances will, over time, either become explicable or become invariant, and that when they become invariant, competitive pressure will tend to cause (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Delivery criticism!

"Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@lm...tware.com> wrote in message news:GpEHr8.Krp@lugnet.com... (...) snip (...) snip (...) snip (...) I can only second Jonathon's comments. I am in the UK and have ordered many things from shop@home - dozens of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GpFDv8.561@lugnet.com... (...) With LEGO's European wide e-commerce from Denmark there wont be any local price differences for VAT. However, they say that they must factor in the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Delivery criticism!

I'm very sorry to hear of your problems. In the UK, I've had no trouble at all, with everything having been delivered within a few days of order, or of being made available when I pre-order. I always select the lowest level of delivery priority, but (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(

The guys at LEGO do not only make up this prices at random, in fact they have totally lost their minds. The UCS X-Wing now costs 209 EUR. That's madness - it's even more expensive than the Rebel Blockade Runner now. And talking about the amount of (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.at)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact