 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4024
4023  |  4025
Subject:
New stuff on www.LEGO.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:18:12 GMT

Jake,

A couple of things -

1) I noticed that Lego has started to use those Flash advertisements that
popup in the middle of your screen. In this case, they are advertising the
new Lego produced show on Fox TV. (I can't recall the name, but it was
featured in the latest Mania magazine.) I find these ads very disruptive and
intrusive.

For those who have not seen the ads, it looks like a slit opens in a Lego
website page. Then the slit expands outwards into an eye socket shaped hole
with new content peeking through. The ads occur randomly as you move from
page to page on Lego.com.

2) When are you going to expand the Trains section? I'm looking forward to
seeing instructions for the structures in the Train Yard  section of the
latest Shop at Home catalog.

3) A suggestion - the train folks have recently been admiring train designer
Jorn Thomson's creations on
http://www.lego.com/eng/trains/legoengineers/profiles.asp?id=jt . Why not
take some of his "absolutely will never be a product" designs and prototypes
and offer them as online instructions?

Besides the new ads, the Lego.com navigation is much smoother. Great work.

Bryan Kinkel

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message
I wanted to drop you all a quick note to let you know that we have updated
the http://www.LEGO.com home page and global nav area in an ongoing effort
to improve the navigation and user experience of the Web site.

If you have a minute, check it out. We would love to hear what you think!

Thanks!
Jake