 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4069
Re: Bulk Bricks and LEGO auctions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 02:36:48 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:

We have just launched a new session all about Bulk Bricks at
http://www.LEGO.com/myopinions.

I completed this survery and have completed the others as well.

One thing kept coming to mind as I went through,  On a number of screens you
are asked to pick up to 5 items and rank them.  However, the list of items
offered is never complete.  When you get to the next screen, that shows the
overall rankings based on other participants votes, you often find that the
#1 item on the list wasn't even one of your choices.  It is therefore safe
to say that while your #1 item in any category might have gotten 1000 votes,
it really might have gotten 2000 or maybe 5000 votes had it been an option
available to all.  By randomly changing the lists of available items to pick
from you aren't getting complete and accurate data back.

Are the lists of possible choices really that long?  Isn't is possible to
either:

1)  Put all the options on one screen and let you pick 5 and/or add your own
(as you do now)

2)  Reduce the possible # of options and once again, put them all out there
for each participant to see.

And while you are there, you can voice your opinions about LEGO Auctions. Be
sure to check back often, as we will be updating My Opinions with new
sessions soon!

Allan,

Good questions about the way the functionality works. This same questions
have come up in the past:

http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=3051

Check out the answers over there, and if I missed anything in the original
post, please let me know.

Thanks!
Jake

---