 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4108
Re: Bulk Bricks and LEGO auctions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:21:55 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Amy Hughes writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Kevin Wilson writes:
Does that mean only 158 people took the survey? How can that be?
lego.com has enormous traffic, surely a lot more people should have
taken the survey than that?

I didn't take the survery, and I'm very opinionated :-)  The reason is that you
have to have an account. I've ordered many times without having to create an
account, and that's A Good Thing. I *hate* creating hundreds of accounts, each
with different variations of user names I'll remember already taken, and each
with different password requirements (e.g. no more than 6 characters, fewer
than 8 characters, no digits, digits manditory, no mixed case, mixed case
mandatory). My current strategy is to slap some random keys when asked for a
user name, since whatever I end up using I'm not going to remember, anyway.

I feel your pain over multiple accounts and passwords (I currently use at
least 4 separate passwords a day at work).  For the LEGO site I ended up
registering twice because I think I already took the name I really wanted,
but can't find the %^#%$@ password for it.

I didn't take the survey because I didn't want to bother creating yet another
"account".

But in this case I think it's worth one more account and password.  It seems
to me that this system has not been put in place on their site to simply be
ignored by them.  It cost either money or manhours or both.  Someone wants
to see the results.

By taking a few minutes to create your account and fill out a few of these
surveys you can at least say you made your opinion known to the company.
Then, if they fail to deliver and end up going bankrupt then you can say, "I
told you so!"

And to be honest, I found the surveys kind of fun and interesting.  They
allow you to add your own answers (which as discussed elsewhere may or may
not be a good idea) and you get to provide them with a lot of information
overall.

I encourage everyone who reads this to take part.  They can't know what
you're thinking unless you tell them... and tell them... and tell them....
until they get it.

Regards,
Allan B.
- Expert Builder website