 Local / European Union / 130
Re: Euro: one currency does not mean one price :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.at
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 18:47:31 GMT

The guys at LEGO do not only make up this prices at random, in fact they
have totally lost their minds. The UCS X-Wing now costs 209 EUR. That's
madness - it's even more expensive than the Rebel Blockade Runner now. And
talking about the amount of Lego we get for our Euros, almost all new sets
cost twice as much as they should. Especially the prices (9.99 EUR) for the
small star wars sets (Jedi defense, Jedi Duel) are outrageous. I got the
stuff here before me. You get almost nothing for the money! Technic Darth
Vader 8010 for 46 EUR. The box is two times bigger than it should be, which
makes me believe the guys at LEGO are very well aware of the fact that the
set is terribly overpriced. At least there's enough space for the
instructions sheet inside the box ... :/
Needless to say I don't buy any regular sets at Lego Direct, only shop@home
exclusives. Which are too expensive too, considering the fact that all items
come DIRECTLY from Lego's storages.