 Instructions / *621 (-40)
  Re: BIP Contest II comes to an end

(...) I laughed outloud when I read that! A "BIPPY"!! (...) No way, don't thank me! Thanks to all the BIP contributors! Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: BIP Contest II comes to an end

(...) Holy shmokes! I was on my way out the door today to head off to work, when I decided to take a quick check of my favorite websites before leaving. I opened up LUGNET, saw this post at the head of the "Top Stories" section on the main page, and (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: BIP Contest II comes to an end

(...) I just could not get the words out of my mouth. She litteraly had to grab me by the arms, shake me and told me to "calm down what is wrong", she thougth something was burning in the kitchen! -Ahui (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HwJsAy.1FLz@lugnet.com... (...) WOW! I (...) "I WOW"? ;-) [ j o n ] (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: BIP Contest II comes to an end

(...) WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! I cannot believe this. I read this post and had to re-read and then re-read it again! I still cannot believe it. Words fail me right now. You guys and girls should have seen me running around (...) (20 years ago, 22-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: BIP Contest II comes to an end

(...) Congrats to you Jason for winning the People's Choice. Now that you have a bit more free time, you should be able to out do this and the Odyssey.:-) Jude (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  BIP Contest II comes to an end

Well, after several months, and with 850 Building Instructions added to the BIP, the (URL) Contest II: Contest Reloaded> has come to an end. You can check out the winning entries at the (URL) (as well as the fat prizes the winners have coming soon), (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

(...) Thanks to everyone who responded. It's interesting to know what other people think about these things and I appreciate the advice. Thanks again, Paul (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

Hiya Paul (...) Unfortunately you're right, getting all the parts for a specific model off Bricklink is a lot of work and you end up with multiple orders and multiple shipping costs. The minimum order thing is getting worse as sellers raise their (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

(...) ~~ snip ~~ I think it is fair to say that everyone that builds with Lego, regardless of age, ends up wanting and needing more and different parts than they have available. As you have found out, this is especially true when you set out to (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

(...) This is a problem that will always come up. I've made instructions for some of my models and posted them on my site. Having been playing with LEGO since age 2 I've by now collected quite a bit of parts, some old and rare. When making MOC's I (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

(...) For every builder AFOL like yourself there would have to be a designer AFOL! I'm a designer and builder. I buy sets for the parts that are in them, assessing yield in terms of whether some parts are required in the near future and whether all (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

I like to build from instructions, too. Either instructions of released sets, ideabooks published by Lego or 'third party' instructions. If I don't have specific parts in particular color, I try to build the model using a different colorscheme. (I (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

(...) I see what you mean. When I looked through Jake’s book I was disappointed in what it didn’t contain as well as the really expensive parts that were found in some of the models. Granted the models look awesome but I would honestly explore other (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"

I'd love to hear people's advice on getting the specific parts you need to build a specific MOC. I'd also like to know if anyone else is a "Builder AFOL" like me? Getting Parts: I know Bricklink is the short answer but I feel like I just don't get (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub Question

(...) Ok, I'm giving that a try. Thanks for the help. (I actually bought a copy of (URL) Virtual Lego> from Tim this weekend, so that had some helpful info as well.) I'll post back when I get it figured out. Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: LPub Question

(...) Lets make sure we're clear here. For part list images and BOM, you do not have control over orthographic. LPub forces it, and it works with Part Images Minimum Camera Distance. I'll test drive Assembly Images+orthographic+min camera distance. (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Is BIP down?

Subject says it all (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub Question

(...) Are you trying to render them with an orthographic camera? I had the same problem when I tried that and no wrangling with the minimum camera distance helped. When I set the camera angle at ten (which effectively looks orthographic) the minimum (...) (20 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: LPub Question

(...) OK, my laptop is back together and I have enough battery to give more concrete information. In the "Building Instructions"->"Steps" tab, there is a "Minimum Camera Distance". This one can effect the scale of construction images. It cannot the (...) (20 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: LPub Question

(...) The issue you are grappling with has to do with scale..... Since you give me no information to work with I have to guess. I'd guess that your model is very large, so L3P places the camera very far back to make sure that all of the model is (...) (20 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  LPub Question

Why is it then when I tell LPub to create the "Layouts" it makes the parts needed for this step box HUGE, but the images that shows where they go in the step tiny? (URL) Am I doing something wrong? Is there a place to modify this setting? Could it (...) (20 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  BIP Contest II - Update

We've reached another milestone on the (URL) BIP>, we've passed 800 added building instructions! The site has had a (URL) running for a while now to help encourage link additions, and it's worked like a champ. Joseph Gonzales won the Teaser Prize at (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Call for guest bloggers - BIP

Blog -- (weB LOG) - A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is "blogging" and someone who keeps a blog is a "blogger." Blogs are typically updated daily (or regularly) using software that allows (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, FTX) !

  Pods: TIE Fighter & TIE Avenger

A&M LWorks has finally joined the Star Wars Pods Series with 2 creations of our own.1 Presenting AMLW #0013 TIE Fighter Pod (URL) Download the BIs here: (URL) and AMLW #0014 TIE Avenger Pod (URL) Download the BIs here: (URL) Check out the artwork (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: A&M LWorks Presents a Jamie Neufeld Creation: Slave-1 POD

Here is a preview of what the next Star Wars POD will be: after moderation: (URL) direct link (URL) (hint: TIE Fighter) (hint 2: TIE Avenger (not in image) also will be released soon) -AHui A&M LWorks (2 URLs) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  A&M LWorks Presents a Jamie Neufeld Creation: Slave-1 POD

(2 URLs) More images can be found here (after moderation): (URL) You can download the BIs from here: (URL) -AHui A&M LWorks (URL) (20 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.inst, FTX)

  A&M LWorks Presents a Jamie Neufeld Creation: TIE X1 Pod BI

(URL) You can download the BIs from here: (URL) -AHui A&M LWorks (URL) (20 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) I didn't mention the taking out of your company's name because it seemed so obvious. But you've saved me some work anyway with this version. (...) Disclaimer snipped again (...) I'm on it. (...) Well, I know that now!! Thanks Ahui :-) Steve (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Amen, brother. I can give the instructions to anyone I please after I buy them. Licensed instructions, indeed. Someone has been reading too many half-baked EULAs from Microsoft. (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Doesn't make it seem like a very good market, then: "Please spend your money on my product, but only if you don't share your toys with other people. Otherwise, the bricknazis(1) will demand you pay me more money." Sounds like fun. Not. (1) The (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Agreed. I'm not allowed to let anyone else borrow the instructions I bought (play with my toy)? Yeah, right. It's my toy...license be darned. "sub-assemblies cannot be copied and used in another set of instructions without the authors written (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Off course! You might have to edit it so that instead of using A&M LWorks it says something like "author". I think this version might help you and could be used by all on the BI portal. DISCLAIMER Definitions (a) "Author" means copyright owner (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Disclaimer text snipped That's brilliant. That's what I wanted all along. Can I use it? and can I add it to the Brick instruction Portal resource page? Steve (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Another idea is these 3 times scale or mini-scale MOCs that people are cerating of other sets--a good friend made a 3 times scale MOC of an original LEGO space set--can he sell the instructions to that? After all, it's not the original space (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Sir, I was being daft long before this conversation began! 8^) Actually, I think my point is worth exploring. If I view your model and am able to reproduce it with a fair degree of accuracy, would you object if I sold it as my design? After (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Here is a "can disclaimer" that I use on all of my BIs. Note that I DO NOT SELL my BIs DISCLAIMER All content is provided as is, with no warranty stated or implied regarding the quality or accuracy of any content.  All trademarks, service (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, FTX)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) But only because the buyer has signed up to the terms of the disclaimer. (...) I only actually meant for the disclaimer to cover instructions. (...) Now your just being daft, and anyway these viewers cannot see the interior of the model. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) It has to be clear and it has to be restritive to be of any use at all. If it lets people know where they stand and what they can and can't do I don't see how theirs a problem. (...) Some people are bound to stick to the rules. Maybe we should (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Disclaimer

(...) Mistakes will always occur, and the disclaimer is only meant for saleable instructions. (...) Well I didn't invent it, blame the lawyers. (...) I'm british, but I get your drift. (...) The disclaimer is supposed to be broad. If applied to very (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact