 General / 38321
Re: Brickshelf censorship policy rules.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 16:00:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ryan Swarick writes:
I think the picture of a gunman that shoots cowardly from a window to the
street is by far more than just a sign of 'bad taste'.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DeAlynn/IAC/shotgunhold.jpg
Sorry if this picture offended anyone.  It was meant to show the scale and
not shooting out the window.  I removed the picture there and from my own
pages.  I knows that many people are sensitive over weapons.  I personally
have never owned a real gun or ever will.  Why make one from LEGO?  I was
saving the engines found in Alpha Team and Star Wars sets to make some space
fighter craft and thought lined up, looked like a gun barrel, and started
building.  Never made anything human scaled before.  I knew some people
wouldn't like it.  Now the other pictures of minifigs being killed are
messed up. Sorry about causing any problems and I am currently making
trigger locks for all my LEGO weapons.

I think some people are way too overly sensitive to the weapons issue, and I
have debated this before. In fact, I could remember one such instance in
the past when someone made a lego "baretta pistol" and there was no debate or
critizism on the issue at all.

And then there was that stint over the whole military/ castle issue in
which the military theme potential was completely trashed because
of that "weapons thing".

I believe that those fretting about the lego weapons issue are quite
hypocritical, because in essence, a lot of the key elements in such
themed sets such as pirates, space, wild west and castle are weapons.

So, no I don't think you did anything wrong at all. Building a lego
gun or weapon is just a part of the creative process, and the fact that
it's condemmed by others shouldn't bother you. I could understand the
pornography issue, and I'm glad that got cleared up, but I think
the sense that people are so hard lined on the weapons
issue should check their priorities. Armaments are an important aspect
of history, and if you check any famous pieces of art or literature,
things like that are commonplace. So don't let other people get
you down on that.

There isn't a second amendment for lego, and if someone is going to
yell at me about this kids and brickshelf issue, I've got just two
words for you, Star Wars.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow Lego enthusiast

check it: http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/~1112/