 General / 38224
Re: Brickshelf censorship policy rules.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 21:55:24 GMT

I'd like to add a new topic to this discussion and to add my comments.

I've started work on a train layout design for our club so I'm constantly
updating photos in my layout folder.  Now everytime I upload a photo, the
folder becomes private and no one can access my designs.  This is really
***** me off.

I appreciate the moderating of files to see if it is appropriate, but the
lag time is really annoying.  Here's a thought, what if you didn't moderate
all of the files being uploaded.  Instead add a review button that a viewer
could push if he thought the image he was look at was inappropriate.  When
the viewer pushes the button the picture is then made non-public until or
unless it has been reviewed.

In lugnet.general, Jeremy Scott writes:
A discussion between my and a moderator about a questionable pic...

Kevin Loch wrote:
I moderated it ok.  What's wrong with it?

My Uncle wasn't happy when we >came across that picture.
He saw it as a sex picture rather than a picture regarding Legos.

I can see how your uncle might think that photo could be sexual, but I don't
think that was the idea.  There is no nudity and no 'bumps' sticking though
the shirt front.  If the shirt was on a man there wouldn't be a problem.

Besides I've seen more sexual pictures in the newspaper.  How many bra sales
are there in a Month?  I say tell your uncle he's got a dirty mind.

What happened? Someone with admins-rights at Brickshelf deleted the
'me-picture' of Juergen. Is a picture of a Lego-Fan really too off-topic to >>be published in the main folder of a personnal brickshelf gallery?

I have a feeling that the 'me' photo was deleted accidentally and that if it
was published again it would probably stay.  We need to remember that
Brickshelf had to clean house a few weeks ago and when your going through so
many folders and pictures it is very easy to accidentally delete something.

Jonathan