 General / 38259
Re: Brickshelf censorship policy rules.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 00:46:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Carter Lance writes:
I completely agree with you.

to me brickshelf is a place where people show off their cities, of spaceships.
I only saw violent pictures when I was reading a lugnet post about a brikwars
game.  THIS IS SICK.  If you have pictures like this, either keep them to
yourself or put them on your own website.

Carter

I don't see what the big deal is.  Personally I like the guns and depictions
of violence and bloodshed.  But maybe that's just me.

Also, I suppose I should go ahead and delete my entire brickshelf folder,
since most everything in it is too blury for most people to discern; I'd
hate to "anounce" new MOCs whose blurry pics are going to touch someone's
overly-sensitive nerves.

Quite frankly some of us AFOLs are simply too poor to pony up a couple
hundred bucks for a decent digi-cam or set up a well-lit "studio".  For some
of us, the simple fact that we can even afford to continue buying Lego,
despite the ever-increasing prices is a grace.

Of course, some of you would say it's my own fault.  You're quite right, I
shouldn't have started a family or leased a car or had any children; then I
could consider myself part of the new "enlightend" world order whose
citizens despise violence in all its forms and any artistic representations
of it.  Just sit back in front of my Web TV, downing the latest emmotion
prohibiter; afterall, we wouldn't want to have any negative thoughts now,
would we?

Kevin Loch; this wasn't a rant against you or the service you provide.
Instead, I am attempting to address something bigger that I think is a
motivating force behind some of the above complaints.