 General / 38225
Re: Brickshelf censorship policy rules.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 22:09:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonathan Dallas writes:
Now everytime I upload a photo, the
folder becomes private and no one can access my designs.  T

One suggestion would be to make a new folder each time.  That way when you
put up new content, the old folders will still be accessible.  You could
have a main folder named "Layout" and then subfolders named "Update August
10, 2002", "Update August 25, 2002" . .. etc.
I do agree, though, that this is an annoying feature of the moderation
system, but this might be an acceptable bandaid solution.

Here's a thought, what if you didn't moderate
all of the files being uploaded.  Instead add a review button that a viewer
could push if he thought the image he was look at was inappropriate.  When
the viewer pushes the button the picture is then made non-public until or
unless it has been reviewed.

I and others suggested such a thing when this all hit at the start of July.
At the time Kevin didn't think this would work.  I think the main issue was
that if porn pictures were buried in a folder of bionicle models, most of
the AFOLs wouldn't necessarily ever click that folder when it showed up on
the "recent" page and so it would get seen by a bunch of kids before ever
getting clicked as inappropriate.

Bruce