 General / 38226
Re: Brickshelf censorship policy rules.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 22:12:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Jeremy Scott writes:
A discussion between my and a moderator about a questionable pic...

Do we forget KIDS like Lego toys too?  I was sharing my adult version of
this hobby with my young cousin, while being overlooked by my uncle. I was
showing off the recent folders on B-Shelf.  My Uncle wasn't happy when we
came across that picture.  He saw it as a sex picture rather than a picture
regarding Legos.  I don't agree with it passing moderation, so I thought I
should bring this to your attention.  Wasn't the reason B-Shelf started to
moderate was to make sure all the stuff on the site was acceptable for all
ages?  Haven't pictures of an even less questionable nature been deleted?

I don't mind what the final outcome of this is, my cousin is gone, but that
is not to say Joe Bloe's cousin isn't looking right now...

Jeremy Scott

Just a question here, what in a sense makes a picture of a lego
fan "questionable" to the lego community?

Yes, I could understand if a picture had pornography (god forbid), or
an explicitely violent or suggestive scene, but photos? If this is true,
than wouldn't all of the pictures of such events as brickwest, and lego
related conventions with photos of patrons be removed as well, or is
this covered by somesort of "specialized circumstance"?

I don't want to rant here, and I'm happy with the free service
Brickshelf gives, but I think there should be a fine line between
acceptable entries, and unacceptable.

The worst thing that could happen would to draw fans away from the
lego community (although I do think some people take it a bit too
hardly, which I can't understand). In fact, I was going to post a
picture of myself on brickshelf. I think photos give a better look
into the antics and "geekiness" of the lego comunity (and not
that it's a bad thing, mind you.)

I remember all the venting that incited when Kevin announced the
moderation, so I'm thankful this at least isn't a post riot.

<<_Matt Hein_>>

http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/~1112