 General / 38228
Re: Brickshelf censorship policy rules.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 22:57:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I've been trying very hard not to reply to these posts but I think I have
waited long enough.

There are many angles to look at this:

#1 In the last year there has been ALOT of pictures to me that have nothing to
do with Lego. ranging from pictures of people to stupid desktop pictures that
have nothing to do with lego. I personally don't want to waste time looking at
the recent button looking at peoples pokeman games
(Censorship has nothing to do with a site that allows you to post for FREE!!)
Some of you people are Crying Censorship... I think you need to stop hiding
behind that word, ESPECIALLY since Brickshelf didn't cost anyone any money
other then the owner "WHO HAS THE RIGHT" to do what he/she wants. Space =
Money.  For those of you who have donated money, I will say fine you have a
right since your money has gone into some kind of support.
There is also a common sense issue when people put up pictures. I would ask the
moderators to remove out of focus pics. Some of you can't even take focused
pictures and post them like they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

#2 The other side- In the defense side of putting up stuff... Where are the
guidelines for posting? I'm still looking for info on what I can or can not and
someone posting whats right or wrong in Lugnet is not the way to do it. Place
them as a link on the splash page.

#3 If you don't like it, Go somewhere else.. If you think its so easy to setup
and moderate go for it, and run it how you like. Everyone making a scene about
it is only going to make it worse... For Pete Sake its Lego not some
breakthrough in a cure for cancer that isnt released to the public.

Get a grip!

Wayne