 General / 38216
38215  |  38217
Subject:
Brickshelf censorship policy rules.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 17:32:40 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I just had a brief chat with a German co-AFOL (named Juergen), who deleted all
his pictures in his Brickshelf galleries in a very angry mood some hours
before.....

What happened? Someone with admins-rights at Brickshelf deleted the
'me-picture' of Juergen. Is a picture of a Lego-Fan really too off-topic to be
published in the main folder of a personnal brickshelf gallery?

I know, Brickshelf is a no-cost-offer and so we might be not in a position to
demand anything, but I wanted to share this info: Juergen leaves the
brickshelf from now on, and this really concerns me. Our never too big
community of AFOLs looses more and more fans that are fed up with the
community.

I realized this at lugnet as well as on the 1000steine.de board. Lots of
people move back into just private channels of e-mail. And with this movement
of lots of interesting discussions into none-public parts of the net we all
loose some interesting aspects of our hobby. That's really bad.

In the case of Juergen, he left a very emotional text on brickshelf, that
possibly never might get published. So I wanted to give here the direct link
to it. I think this is worth to be overthought:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/JuergenL/DELETED/explan.txt

I myself have to agree with Juergen: I do not understand, why a picture of a
Lego-Fan gets deleted in brickshelf, while really bad pictures are published
without any problems as it seems.

I think the picture of a gunman that shoots cowardly from a window to the
street is by far more than just a sign of 'bad taste'.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DeAlynn/IAC/shotgunhold.jpg

This picture is proof for the fact, that some kind of censorship is a must
have, but I think the rules of censorship at brickshelf are still something
that needs to be discussed.

Leg Godt!

Ben