 General / 38266
Re: Brickshelf censorship policy rules.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 04:45:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.general, Mike Petrucelli writes:

Anyone that actually finds that picture offensive should have their head
examined. Just remember, you are all victims of your own imaginations.

Actually, someone who finds that picture offensive may have nothing at all
wrong with his or her head other than another point of view.  For example,
from a feminist perspective it could be argued that the image is offensive
because it objectifies a woman by isolating and focusing solely on her
breasts. (C'mon guys, if it was a pic of the shirt we would have seen the
whole shirt, and if the LEGO logo was the focus we would have gotten a more
straight on shot.  And it goes without saying the identity of the person
wasn't the main point.)  And I suspect Jeremy, John, et al have other reasons
for taking umbrage.

Actually, my perspective was pretty much the same one you elucidated, Maggie.
I am not a feminist nor do I *personally* find it offensive, but I can sure see
without much argument how someone could (especially when surfing with young
kids)

I am quite leary of exposing children to mature images, especially in a
"family-friendly" forum like Brickshelf and would favor a more heavy-handed
censor for that reason, but that's just me.

-John