 General / 27449
Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 09:38:14 GMT

Who knows if that's the plan or not, but it's a sad thought.  I mean,
imagine if the ultimate purpose of all of this marketing and branding was
to make the company's balance sheet look as attractive as possible to
potential buyers in 2005-2006.  Even though brand equity is an intangible
asset, it's something buyers look at.  What would happen to the product
line if TLC were bought by, say, Disney in 2006?

    More interestingly, what would happen to the product line if TLC were
bought by LUGNet in 2006...

    Everyone start saving your pennies :)

        Steve