 General / 27427
Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 23:17:03 GMT

I couldn't agree more. This is actually *wild* speculation! Remember the
idea....create a _full_ product line that spans an age range of 0-99. How
can this happen if any line goes away that targets an age range?

Great idea, now it just needs to be put into practice.
There needs to be more normal product line sets that are aimed at the higher age
groups.

In train for example, most AFOLs I know (including me) want trains that look like
trains, how about some steam engines for example or some good diesel electrics as was
done in the 4.5v/12v days instead of/as well as that junorized thing known as
4560/4561 (not to say its bad but its clearly intended for a lower age group than me)

In technic there needs to be a return to the traditional beams instead of all these
fancy connectors and angle beams and decorative panel pieces

In town there needs to be more use of the traditional methods of construction, I dont
suggest that townjr should disassappear but there should be a line of good, fun to
build sets to go with them, without all of the jr pieces like 1 piece car & truck
bodies, massive 1 piece windows etc.

Castle is the same, it too needs to see more basic bricks available in some of the
sets. And more of the regular castle walls, less of the half octogon tower pieces.

And one more thing, bring back PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!
You make a pirate ship thats as large as a black seas baracuda or a skulls eye scooner
and with detail to match and this AFOL for 1 will be putting it on my xmas and
birthday lists. (I still remember getting a BSB as a reward for learning how to ride
my bike when I was a kid)