 Dear LEGO / 2893
Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 14:19:59 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, David Williams writes:
I totaly agree with this. I, being 14 years old find the Lego sets of today
quite basic and boring especially all these peices moulded together.

I was looking through all my Lego product catalogues a couple of days ago
and was amazed at how much lego has changed in the past few years. A car
back in 1994 would have at least 30+ pieces but a car of today would have
about 15-20 pieces.

15-20!, its more like 5-10!  I have a few of the tow truck places (can't
figure out the set #, but i don't really care about that), from 2 years ago,
and the "Jeep" has 5 peices not counting the wheels!

Josh

"Where's the box car door again?"

It goes to show that we are getting less pieces in sets and the sets are
getting very basic. Perhaps Juniorisation will go way to far and Town will
end up to be just like Duplo.