 General / 27422
Re: Juniorization Lives, and comments on marketing strategy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 22:25:35 GMT

Erik,

I couldn't agree more. This is actually *wild* speculation! Remember the
idea....create a _full_ product line that spans an age range of 0-99. How
can this happen if any line goes away that targets an age range?

If creator is successful, then another gap in the product line has been
filled. Terrific success both for the creator line, as well as the entire
range. Once you get a kid hooked on LEGO toys, they will very likely
transistion from one line to another as they grow older. If there are gaps
in the line, how can this happen.

Imagine a bridge in the woods, spanning a large gorge...just like in some
Indiana Jones movie. You know how some of the boards are missing, and it
makes crossing the bridge a little more difficult. And if all the boards are
there, you simply walk from one side of the bridge to the other. Now imagine
that the side you start on is age 0, and the other side is age 99.

Jake

----
Jake McKee
Sr. Producer - LEGO Direct

The views expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect those of my
employeer

In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Kevin Johnston writes:
And even if they said there was no *plan* to stop marketing
mini-figures, that doesn't mean it won't happen, if Creator takes off and System
dwindles away.

Isn't this pointless speculation? You'd be paranoid about the end of
minifigs even if told otherwise? Like Tim said, stay focused.