 General / *200 (-100)
  Painful Experience

I was visiting some relatives this weekend, and came across some empty LEGO boxes. There were maybe a half-dozen sets, some very interesting stuff. I especially liked the "Family Room" set, with the bendy-arm people as parents, and mini-figures as (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego movie Idea

Matt Marshall wrote in message ... (...) and (...) I had been considering doing something similar - but not with POV-Ray, because I haven't got a clue how to use it! Instead, over Christmas - it's just me and the cat this year - I'm using my work's (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad)

  Looking for Lance Johnson

I just received Lego sets from him. I have a snail mail address for him and will send to him that way if I have to. However, I'm confused and would prefer faster service (ieee email) so if anyone knows what it is, please email me? Thanks! Sarah (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scala = why Town will continue to be so poor.

(...) I'd say that it's not that I want my children (1) to be the same, or gender neutral, but I want them to be free to decide for themselves how they are going to be, without the toy (2) telling them this is for boys and this is for girls. 1 - I (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lego movie Idea

I was looking around on the net and saw some stop motion movies. I was wondering what I could do with my brand new download of pov-ray and l3p. and then it hit me, raytraced Lego movies, (ideas not entirely mine, www.spacebattles.com gave me the (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad)

  Is this a FOTW

I was at Kmart's 20% off sale and was looking around at the Lego and I happened to spot a 6865 Planetary Decoder from the Explorien Series(redundant) The box was slightly smashed and had a rather large hole in the side, so when I went to pay I asked (...) (26 years ago, 19-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lego in A State Farm Advertisement

In a recent US News magazine there was an ad for State Farm Insurance that featured Lego Bricks. A grade school class created a town out of Lego as a part of social studies...... Here is a link to the article and a picture of the Advertisment....... (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Tribal Chief misprint?

In my recent 6756 sets, I noticed that there were 2 different Indian chiefs. * One had 6 aqua squares on his chest... (normal I assume...) * The other had 6 red squares on his chest (which struck me as odd...) Is it possible that Lego made a (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Announcing my newly completed website

Ed \ Boxer" Jones > wrote in message <3629F420.C8C2C0B7@aol.com>... (...) 3 (...) anyone (...) out? (...) but (...) problems. (...) since (...) for (...) charm. OK, I have put named counters on each main model page. I don't know what was wrong, I (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  sorry

Please ignore the below thread (Test don't read) I was stupid and have offended a few people, I also fixed my name so it isn't so long, and apologize to anybody I made mad. sorry! Nick/Ickna (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Spam from Andreas Stabno

(...) Or wacky. Well, it's not like some of mine weren't. And I said that I knew they were high, and then I withdrew them because I didn't want to sell that badly. Just to tease folks, I have that collection now. It's gonna be a LOT of work to (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Announcing my newly completed website

(...) Hey Matt, your cathedral is extremely impressive as is Gary Istak's. Just 3 different architectural styles!! (...) Matt, your GeoCities counter is not working. Make sure that in the code for your counter, you add the name of the HTML file (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Spam from Andreas Stabno

(...) Yeah, even if some of the prices (minimums that are still unbid) are a little whacky. (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: TEST PLEASE DON'T READ!!!

(...) You have to do that yourself. Like this. (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: TEST PLEASE DON'T READ!!!

Hey todd, could you move my thread off coolness to lugnet.off-topic.fun that way I won't be in anyones way, and their coolness can be obtained as they observe people discuss off topic items Thanks! really bored Ickna -[blah blah blah that old lego (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TEST PLEASE DON'T READ!!!

I see nobody is cool yet. this is my thread, i'm not pestering anyone, I'm not flaming. (ok, I am a little hot, I opened a window..). Todd, please don't kick me off lugnet, umm I luv you!, no, darn it, that's not it, ummmm..... I Like you alot and (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TEST PLEASE DON'T READ!!!

hey guys, I'm really bored, so this is now christened as "Ickna Thread Of Coolness" post to it and be, umm, cool then. Ickna -[ old legos bla bla bla ]- -- Instructions for usage of Ickna®: Ickna® should be placed on a level surface, maximum (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TEST PLEASE DON'T READ!!!

hey ToDd! I LoOKEd inTO the "MeSSAge PropertIES" and IT did'NT saY anYThinG about REALnAME!!! (ok, ok, I'll stop the caps now, jeez! bit my head off!) Ickna -[ Old legos never die, that just get vacuum cleaned ]- -- Instructions for usage of Ickna®: (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Spam from Andreas Stabno

I'll have to agree with Larry here. I don't mind a SINGLE Lego Auction announcement, as long as I don't get any more unless I reply. I don't count this particular announcement as a spam, even if I didn't ask for it, because it is pretty relevant to (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction)

  TEST PLEASE DON'T READ!!!

HEY! YOU READ IT! anyway, I was just checking if I could make my name a nickname, and Todd's realname system clock my real name into the message HEY TODD! did it work? where does it put the realname cache data into the message? HUH? HUH? CAN YOU (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Acropolis Project Contest entry/web site update

Hi all. I hope you come see what I've entered into the contest. I've see what Richard and Matthew Verdier have submitted, and I know I've got stiff competition. But everyone is welcome to have a look, and feel free to comment. < (URL) > There might (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) Wow, thanks Mike. I do like the Cathedral, but have you looked at Ed's or Gary Istak's lately? Those two really know how to build. But I am glad you liked it. BTW, George Sikora said the counter didn't seem to (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Announcing my newly completed website

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net wrote in message ... (...) together, (...) you (...) The little Pyramid had no problems. I tried in the past to build bigger ones, and had some problems once the size of an edge got larger than about 2 feet. I built it (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Spam from Andreas Stabno

  Re: Spam from Andreas Stabno

(...) I suspect we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one, Moz.(1) I don't see what Andreas originally did as spam. Further I don't agree that Andreas hasn't responded to the charges. He did, in fact. At the mo I can't remember if it was (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Spam from Andreas Stabno

rocketman@familyradio.com says... (...) No, but it feels better to say "RTFF" than simply to send back a mail- spawn with a copy of his message and the comment "I didn't want to receive this". By its non-reply I suspect it doesn't actually read RTL (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Announcing my newly completed website

(...) ever seen. Thanks for sharing. (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Announcing my newly completed website

Is that the tallest pyramid you have managed to build? What were the difficulties experienced? Need to build solidly, wall collapse? Do tell, I like pyramids......... Matthew Verdier wrote in message ... (...) ready (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: FOTW

(...) Think about it, of course they are! They will rake it in! (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Announcing my newly completed website

Hello, Everyone! I just finished updating my new GeoCities page tonight. 3 different Cathedrals, 1 Priory, several castles and 4 entries into Erik Wilson's Ancient Building Contest and a few others. Over 120 pictures all together, some of my old (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Announcement: The 1998 GREAT CREATE

(...) Hey, wish I could make it again this year...maybe next year...sigh... Last year I staked out an area, and stacked three buckets, with RTL going down the sides. I am sure some of the people who were there last year will remember, and if they (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  FOTW

Stopped by an out of the way Fred Meyer's today as they have had several sets on clearance lately and what do you know, all the LEGO clearance was an additional 50% off of the clearance price. Picked up alot of stuff just for the prices. Road block (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scala = why Town will continue to be so poor.

(...) Hi, Rachael! While I agree with those that say that boys and girls play differently (1) I do not really want products that pander to that difference, per se. I have gotten flamed for this statement on RTL in the past but I really, really, want (...) (26 years ago, 16-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Announcement: The 1998 GREAT CREATE

***...*** THE 1998 GREAT CREATE ***...*** Annual Build-A-Thon with LEGO® bricks to benefit the Greater Minneapolis Area Children's Crisis Nursery. when: Saturday, November 7, 1998 9:00 am–4:00 pm where: Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome, Downtown (...) (26 years ago, 16-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scala = why Town will continue to be so poor.

  Re: 6482 Rescue Chopper

(...) It wouldn't be off-topic in one the buy-sell-trade market group. (26 years ago, 16-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Anyone have info on set #1475 (helicopter)???

Michael Ulring wrote in message <362531CA.9E8ADCC6@e...uc.edu>... (...) (26 years ago, 16-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: test no need to read

With the lugnet news groups, a very new type of tradition was (maybe first in usenet history): <<Do not catch any messages with topic "test", definitly reply all of them. (...) Should it be added to the faq?..:-) Selçuk Dave Jost wrote in message (...) (26 years ago, 16-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  6482 Rescue Chopper

If anybody has the little sound thing from 6482 Resuce Hilicopter, PLEASE!!! I WILL BUY IT!!!! max I can pay is 30 dollars for it, If you have the original set, even better!!! sorry this is kinda off topic, but i'm a desprate dude for his fav set of (...) (26 years ago, 16-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: test no need to read

Hey did not try to fool anyone , I changed my initials to my name to comply with lugnets....rules regards Dave it worked Jesse Long wrote in message ... (...) (26 years ago, 16-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

Perhaps a Princess.... wrote in message (...) I agree completely. What I was trying to say was, the *opportunity* to make such posts, with no recourse, exits within the Usenet. Not that Usenet or "for the people by the people"-systems are defined (...) (26 years ago, 16-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

(...) The people at work say the exact same thing. I don't understand why... Sarah (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

(...) See? I can always count on Sarah to keep me honest. :) (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scala = why Town will continue to be so poor.

(...) I would barf but it would make my notebook all messy. Sarah Heacock sarah@eskimo.com (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

(...) *smile* Just keep thinking that way. Sarah Heacock sarah@eskimo.com (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

(...) "for the people by the people" does NOT necessarily mean "you suck, no you suck, not you suck more" and I think that LugNET news server points this out quite clearly. Mr. Lehman is quite open to comments from everyone -- and he even listens (...) (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

(...) That's almost exactly what happened to me too! Sarah Heacock sarah@eskimo.com (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Getting rid of the garbage

(...) *chuckle* That GARBAGE you speak of is a feature for some of us who are used to being able to see the headers as we read. Refer to what other groups a post is posted to, etc. Sarah Heacock sarah@eskimo.com (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Anyone have info on set #1475 (helicopter)???

Does anyone have information on set #1475? I have an image of it at this address: (URL) just not sure if it was part of a value/multi pack or where it came from... any info would be greatly appreciated. Looks to me like it's early '90s type of set. (...) (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Spam from Andreas Stabno

(...) Yeah I got one too. It irked me because I could have just read about it on rtl and/or lugnet.market.auction (which is why they exist Mr. Stabno), and also because the subject was a very spamlike "An Invitation For You". (...) Who will have the (...) (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Auczilla VII (7)

Todd, Any idea as to when it will begin shipping seeing as how VIII looks like it's beginning to wind down? Scott J sjava@execpc.com (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: What do you call....

Nope, can't, my car vanity plate will NOT change from what it is, as it is my Email address under 5 or so domains. BTW, I have pronounced it LugnUt from the very beginning ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | | (...) (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  What do you call....

What do you call yourself when you read EVERYTHING about Lego on Lugnet? A LugNut. I wonder if Tom S. will be the first to feature a vanity plate with either LUGNET or LUGNUT on it. Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- The train stops at the train (...) (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: lego party advice wanted

  Re: A bad idea

(...) Yeah, that's a fun idea. Something else along those lines that I've been thinking of is to get photo-emulsion to adhere to a lego surface and print photographic images onto it. I know that it's kind of fragile after developing, so playing with (...) (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dutch promo: sets at Super de Boer

S.Bonsma wrote in message <3624D03A.436@chem.rug.nl>... (...) Thank God for that! Nothing new to try and track down! Huw (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: chat

(...) Hrmmm, dunno what this has to do with buy-sell, so I'm moving it over here. Knowing the channel name helps a little bit, but knowing the IRC network would help even more. Not that any large number of people will actually take part in it - (...) (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  UPDATE: New models on San DiLEGO

Hi everyone. The latest update to our San DiLEGO web pages are now online. There are over 50 new images, many new models, etc. including : A new monorail and electric commuter rail car StarBricks Coffee The LandCruiser SUV Millipede Construction (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  lego party advice wanted

hi, hoping someone out there has experience/ideas to share... we're in the midst of planning our small, semi-non-traditional wedding for next may, and we're pondering the inclusion of lego. i already promised my little cousins that i'd bring lego (...) (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: test no need to read

Dave Jost wrote in message ... (...) Too late, read it anyway. Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in Deja News! (URL) (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  test no need to read

bla blah blah (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Scala = why Town will continue to be so poor.

(URL) see, Lego System is for _boys_. And boys like space and castles and adventures, not building towns. For _girls_, there's Lego Scala. (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET logo

(...) Oh, and you'll need to buy either 2 mugs, 4 post-it cubes, a t-shirt or a hat to get one stamp to put towards a promotional. With 3 stamps and the small sum of $19.95 and a signed letter from you LEGO rep, one of the promotionals can be yours. (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET logo

(...) I vote for LUGNET sponsored LEGO promotionals that you need to buy all for sets to build the logo. :) -- Mike. ===...=== Michael Huffman mhuffman@mindspring.com (URL) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET logo

(...) I vote for mugs and Post-it cubes, myself. -Mike (who just cancelled his first article and reposted to lugnet.general instead) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

(...) Whahahaha, good one. Like people sit around wondering what gibberish I'll post next. :) (...) Cool, glad to hear it. :) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

(...) I think the REAL benefit of LUGNET will the the ability to see Mike Stanley's posts almost instantly. Admittedly, we'll miss the sense of anticipation, as in, "I wonder which of Mike Stanley's posts will show up next." However, I think Mike (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

(...) The lack of propagation delays is one reason why I think people will be more likely to post here once they show up. Right now it might take days for people to see my posts, and sometimes it almost seems like a waste of time, especially for the (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

(...) IMO, the reduced number of posts is due to fewer people currently accessing, compared to RTL. Keep in mind that these groups have only really been running publicly for 7 1/2 days, and that things will ramp up slowly. Three to six months from (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

Jesse Long wrote in message ... (...) any (...) to (...) very (...) I am the same... 15 groups, and very manageable number of articles. I figure I will cut out some in a month or so... see where the off-topic groups go? *My* answer to your question: (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

(...) I'd say things are slowly picking up, but it is taking a while for people to come over. I'm not sure it would be possible to cross-post articles from a Lugnet group to RTL, although I'm sure if I'm wrong 3 people will point it out before I get (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

I read 13 groups on Lugnet, and rarely download more than 40 articles in any given day. I routinely get 80-120 messages from RTL, mostly mindstorms, flamewars, and off-topic computer-geekese. Here on Lugnet I get so little of that, it's great. But a (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  2847 UFO Flyer

Where can I pick up this set? It is the perfect small set that I've seen around... Anyone? Thanks! Pawel (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet Suggestion

(...) better. It gets better? It already is the best Lego sight around! How can that be possible? I know of the changes due, I just felt like heaping praise! ___...___ richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam dot Web Sight: (URL) Instant (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  test

Well, just seeing if I can **post** here too. I'm reading it w/ Netscape just as I read rtl... (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet Suggestion

(...) Oh, yes, definitely agreed. Everything you see up at www.lugnet.com, except for the /news/ section, will all be *radically* changing over the next 2-6 months. And all for the better. --Todd (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Getting rid of the garbage

(...) crashing server? That's easy. Install HP-UX 10.20 & Informix 7.3 on HP server & try to initialize database without installing patches to HP-UX. It will cause the server to panic every time. :) I should know, I've been trying to figure out how (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Getting rid of the garbage

(...) You're very welcome. I've been helped by many other people, so I look forward to being able to help others. *note to self: do that research on caching server. (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Getting rid of the garbage

Thanks, Mike! It was just that easy. It seems I am getting more computer literate everytime I come here! (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Getting rid of the garbage

(...) Does it look anything like this? : Message-ID: <6r0bgq$9q4$1@newsho...rramp.net> References: <6r096p$qcd$1@news10...pnews.com> NNTP-Posting-Host: dal-tsa2-44.cyberramp.net Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: Text/Plain; charset=US-ASCII X-Trace: (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Getting rid of the garbage

I was wondering if anyone else is getting about 15 lines of garbage text at the beginning of every message. When I first started accessing Lugnet via Free Agent, I didn't have this problem, but now I do. It may just be a matter of setting the right (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lugnet Suggestion

I was just browsing through the Set Inventories section of Lugnet and came up with a thought. Wouldn't it be nifty if after you jumped into a particular set, printed all of the pieces necessary to build the set/what it has in it and THEN have a link (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindstorms and FM Micro Transmitter

Have had some troubles with getting the receiver to hone in on the exact frequency (for now its 90.0 Mhz). If the receiver is in a different room, the FM transmitter has difficulties transmitting through walls etc. It needs more juice (only runs on (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Newsgroup proposal

(...) ie. what I was thinking: lugnet.space lugnet.town lugnet.castle ... (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Newsgroup proposal

Todd, I forgot if we discussed this in Beta, but were their pro's and con's to having news groups based upon themes? Similar to lugnet.trains? I'm a castle & pirate fan & wouldn't mind discussing castle & pirate related topics with others of similar (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a little help with netscape

(...) I've never argued with that statement before. :) You're welcome. :) (...) Well, although I used to sing the praises of trn, I'm starting to like slrn even more. Certainly easier for multiple news servers. (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a little help with netscape

(...) Oh, you are a genius, that is exactly it! Thanks alot. Paul, who really needs to get linux installed so he can use tin or rn. (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a little help with netscape

(...) I'm just testing posting with Netscape 3.04 here. I can't stand this interface, though. Yuck. (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a little help with netscape

(...) Well, if I'm understanding you correctly I think I managed to do this just now. I am using Netscape 3.04 for 95. I tell it to show all groups. Then I put checkmarks in the Check column (the one to the left of Unread) for the ones I want to (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a little help with netscape

(...) that (...) Thats my problem, I only have Navigator 3.0, so I am just using the news section, no communicator. I can get all the groups to show, I just need to figure out how to mark only the ones I want to read as subscribed and then I can (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindstorms and FM Micro Transmitter

(...) transposition of characters That aside, pretty cool. What's typical indoor range? Outdoor? How long is the antenna and what kind is it? (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: a little help with netscape

  Mindstorms and FM Micro Transmitter

(apologies if this appears 2x's) I have uploaded info/specs on the FM micro transmitter that I built for use with my next Mindstorms project. Website:  (URL) to the Lego -> Electrics section ======== Posted via the LUGNET discussion group web (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: To Todd: Image updates

I think he wants service packs, as some are starting to show up in the Lugnet database. I HOPE that we can get Todd scans of all the service packs. Nothing more irritating than having the ONE catalog handy that doesn't have the service pack you want (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a little help with netscape

Mike, There's an easier way, that lets you have multiple servers. Top menu, chooser Communicator | Message Center - then right-click on your current News server, and choose "Subscribe to Discussion Groups". In the popup window, bottom right, is an (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: To Todd: Image updates

Do you also want images of: - Service pack items not listed in the site (i.e the item number may or may not exist on the PAUSE reference) - Duplo sets? - Fabuland sets? Let me know so that I may scan my catalogs and send them to you. - Irving Todd (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "LEGO" found at garage sale

(...) here's my hint: get your relatives to look too! this last weekend i got a message on my machine from my parents. it said, "we saw this lego set at a yard sale today; it was only a dollar so we bought it for you. hope you're interested." the (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 6675 Road'n'Trail 4x4

(...) I've got instructions and a scanner but they're currently 120 miles apart from each other. I'll be able to scan them this weekend after I pick up all my instructions from home (I'm away at school). If you still need them in 4 days, you can (...) (26 years ago, 8-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  New Pics of my Town/Train layout and my 2nd Castle are up.

New pics can be viewed at: (URL) a little large (around 100K or more) but they'll have to do for now. The Town/Train layout is primarily comprised of built sets (none of my own creations). I am aspiring to build some of my own Train cars/engines (...) (26 years ago, 8-Oct-98, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: a little help with netscape

(...) Communicator, but I'll do it anyway. Assuming you mean Netscape communicator and you want to actually use the news portion of Communicator without dealing with the web interface, you need to configure Communicator to use lugnet.com as your (...) (26 years ago, 8-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact