 General / 160
Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 01:57:02 GMT

Perhaps a Princess.... wrote in message

"for the people by the people" does NOT necessarily mean "you suck, no
you suck, not you suck more" ....

I agree completely.  What I was trying to say was, the *opportunity* to make
such posts, with no recourse, exits within the Usenet. Not that Usenet or
"for the people by the people"-systems are defined by this type of action.
Simply, this opportunity doesn't exist at Lugnet... and will translate to
less of this type of noise.

These kinds of systems, though, always depend upon the good nature of
the participants -- people wanting to follow the rules, treat each
other with respect, etc.

How long would those who will not "follow the rules, treat each other with
respect, etc." last on Lugnet?

So why would they bother?

LINC