 General / 130
Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 06:22:09 GMT

Jesse Long <JesseL@hawaii.edu> wrote:
I read 13 groups on Lugnet, and rarely download more than 40 articles in any
given day.  I routinely get 80-120 messages from RTL, mostly mindstorms,
flamewars, and off-topic computer-geekese.  Here on Lugnet I get so little
of that, it's great.  But a question: are the reduced number of posts due to
the separate news groups, or due to few people crossing over?  I notice very
little cross-posting.

I'd say things are slowly picking up, but it is taking a while for
people to come over.  I'm not sure it would be possible to cross-post
articles from a Lugnet group to RTL, although I'm sure if I'm wrong 3
people will point it out before I get up in a few hours.

Hrmmm, I think the separate groups help cut down on what we
individually would consider noise.  I was watching the robotics group
for a few days until I realized that at this time I have no interest
in it, so I stopped.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide