 General / 151
150  |  152
Subject:
Spam from Andreas Stabno
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 20:49:16 GMT

Moz (Chris Moseley) originally posted to lugnet.market.auction and wrote:

So, anyone else get spammed by this guy recently? I got an unsolicited
auction announcement emailed to me. Very annoying.

Yeah I got one too. It irked me because I could have just read about it on rtl
and/or lugnet.market.auction (which is why they exist Mr. Stabno), and also
because the subject was a very spamlike "An Invitation For You".

And hopefully from RTL not here.

Who will have the dishonor of being the first person blocked from Lugnet? I'm
not offering any names, I'm just asking rhetorically.

Perhaps we need a buy-sell-FAQ?

Do most people ignorant of netiquette really read FAQ's if they even know about
them or where to find them? If they were reputable and weren't ignorant they
probably wouldn't spam.

I realize we need to have FAQ's but it's a shame that FAQ's can't be firmly
linked with a certain ng. It would be great to pull up an ng's FAQ document from
a newsreader or web page just by consulting the help menu.

--
From Tom McDonald
Anti-spam block in place.

--