 General / 176
Re: Spam from Andreas Stabno
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 20:38:01 GMT

moz1@ihug.co.nz (moz) writes:
rocketman@familyradio.com says...
Moz (Chris Moseley) originally to lugnet.market.auction and wrote:
So, anyone else get spammed by this guy recently? I got an
unsolicited auction announcement emailed to me. Very annoying.

Do most people ignorant of netiquette really read FAQ's if they even
know about them or where to find them? If they were reputable and
weren't ignorant they probably wouldn't spam.

No, but it feels better to say "RTFF" than simply to send back a mail-
spawn with a copy of his message and the comment "I didn't want to
receive this".

By its non-reply I suspect it doesn't actually read RTL let alone here,
and may in fact have vanished. "That would be sad."

Moz

I suspect we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one, Moz.(1) I
don't see what Andreas originally did as spam. Further I don't agree that
Andreas hasn't responded to the charges. He did, in fact. At the mo I can't
remember if it was here or on RTL but I did see his response.

Finally, I think using "it" instead of "he" is a bit weak.

1 - and I always hate it when one of my friends is wrong about something.

++Lar

http://www.lugnet.com/news/       Search, Read, Post, or Watch Traffic