 Events / BricksWest / 52
Re: Registration Opens For BricksWest™ 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 20:47:04 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Mark Sandlin writes:
SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!

  Well, I was only to LEGOLAND for Opening Day, and I figure
it's about time to go back. (I'd been thinking about going down
for Christmas, to see Miniland all decorated, but I'll wait
until February. :-)

  There was an after-the-park gathering in Carlsbad that day,
and I met a lot of the notable builders from the 'net there.
Posting messages and pictures is one thing, but walking around
a grey cathedral and seeing it from almost every angle, and
asking questions (and trading parts) with the builder is quite
a bit more exciting. Combining the train and track of a bunch
of sets and running them together is so much more fun than
setting up your train at home or even at a club meeting. It's
"the gathering" that will make this meeting special, and its
my bet that something like BricksWest would be needed to get
a large bunch of folks together at the same time for the fun! :-)

  So, count me in (as soon as the registration form is ready)!
I may even bring my NLSO, even at the $60 price.

  And, speaking as a Bay Area native, I'd rather be in the sun! ;-)

     -Z-   http://www.baylug.org/zonker/