 Events / BricksWest / 53
Re: Registration Opens For BricksWest™ 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 22:44:40 GMT

In article <GnsCEG.CDA@lugnet.com>,
"David Harris" <frenezulo@baylug.org> wrote:

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Mark Sandlin writes:
SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!

  Well, I was only to LEGOLAND for Opening Day, and I figure
it's about time to go back. (I'd been thinking about going down
for Christmas, to see Miniland all decorated, but I'll wait
until February. :-)

  There was an after-the-park gathering in Carlsbad that day,
and I met a lot of the notable builders from the 'net there.
Posting messages and pictures is one thing, but walking around
a grey cathedral and seeing it from almost every angle, and
asking questions (and trading parts) with the builder is quite
a bit more exciting. Combining the train and track of a bunch
of sets and running them together is so much more fun than
setting up your train at home or even at a club meeting. It's
"the gathering" that will make this meeting special, and its
my bet that something like BricksWest would be needed to get
a large bunch of folks together at the same time for the fun! :-)

  So, count me in (as soon as the registration form is ready)!
I may even bring my NLSO, even at the $60 price.

  And, speaking as a Bay Area native, I'd rather be in the sun! ;-)

     -Z-   http://www.baylug.org/zonker/

People keep spelling this out to me like I've never been to a gathering
before. I went to the Wedding-that-wasn't in April and met up with lots
of people from all over the world. It was great fun. I made many
friends. But it didn't cost $75 to go to Brad Hamilton's house (thanks
Brad) and hang out with everyone. Sure, lots of us went to the park as
well, and that was neat too.

I think people keep missing my point: If the cost of admission to the
park were separate from the cost of admission to the Brickswest stuff, I
wouldn't have blinked, because I would then have the *option* of
deciding for myself whether to pay for park admission.

As it is now, some members of our caravan from SEALUG are re-thinking
the trip, and at least one of us isn't going to come, because of the
high price of admission. This makes me sad. :^(

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego