 Events / BricksWest / 57
Re: Registration Opens For BricksWest™ 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 02:50:09 GMT

I am still on the fence about going.  I have a short <<not>> message about why
I posted on our LUG page:

<clip>
Sorry folks at this point, I got to step out.  A number of reasons
why, I imagine you can guess some of them...  However, if I get some
better answers to the issues brought up by this string I may be a
last minute entry.

My concerns:
I've attended a number of Psychic fairs and even the ones that are
closed to the public have a booth cost.  People who want to
partcipate seperately pay a different fee.  (really this is an
observation...)

Perks.  What are they?  "half day" in the park?  What exactly does
that mean?  Let me point this out; we will be wandering all over the
pavillion all weekend long.  Why do we need a special session for
this on Sunday?

Schedule.  I checked out the schedule for Brickwest.  Looks mighty
repetetive.  I dare say uninteresting.

I'll be honest here.  And I mention it because I've never done
Brickwest, or any other Lego con, and maybe someone can enlighten me
a little.  I want to wander around the pavillion, look around a bit,
then head out into Legoland.  I'm willing to take turns manning the
booth, AND in addition to, do whatever the event coordiantor needs
for Brickwest.  Just as long as I get my playtime.  Even if Legoland
provides a big ol table of bricks to play with would be more fun than
sitting in the pavillion all day.

You see, that's what I'm afraid of; we go, put up a table and sit.
And watch, and sit.  Come back tomorrow.  Sit, listen to Ldraw for
the fourth time.  Watch.  Get a short tour and chow, to sit and
listen to some people say, "thanks for coming, here's your shirt."
Not a value at four days of vacation, food, lodging, gas, and $75
privalidge to sit at the pavillion at Legoland.

Er, I just read this.  I don't mean to sound harsh.  Sorry if it
does.  It's just that this is an investment of cash and resources,
and I want to make sure I get out of it what I want.

Mark Neumann

</clip>

Don't get me wrong.  I would love nothing more than to spend three days
chatting Lego.  I just want more, and with all that's involved, well maybe
CA a little too far, my vacation is too scarce, and $75 is too much for a
1/2 day.