 Events / BricksWest / 47
Re: Registration Opens For BricksWest™ 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 02:00:17 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Mark Sandlin writes:
I think charging $75 is a big risk. You risk a lot of people having the
same reaction as myself. And what about people who have a family?
That's $235 for a family of four. :^o

   You mean "an extra $235"?  I know that it was my initial reaction,
   at least.  The obvious solution, I'd think, would be to give folks
   the option to opt out of the LEGOLAND trip, or not to include it--
   some folks may not really want to go, and charging the $75 effectively
   knocks those who aren't going to want to go out of the entire
   Fest unless they're willing to swallow the charge.

   I know that a lot of people at BrickFest couldn't stay the whole time,
   or go to Potomac Mills, or whatever.  The sticker shock is really a
   big issue--when I think about it, $75 is a fair cost, but that's
   if you can stay the whole time and attend all the activities.
   A lot of folks probably can't.

   It may be heresy to suggest that people might not want to go to
   LEGOLAND-CA, but I know that when I was near LEGOLAND-Windsor I
   had very little interest in going to the park.

   best

   LFB