 Events / BricksWest / 56
Re: Registration Opens For BricksWest™ 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 02:27:00 GMT

In article <GnsqA6.5yy@lugnet.com>,
"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote:

:::::IMPORTANT BRICKSWEST REGISTRATION INFORMATION:::::

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Mark Sandlin writes:

People keep spelling this out to me like I've never been to a gathering
before.

<snip>

I think people keep missing my point: If the cost of admission to the
park were separate from the cost of admission to the Brickswest stuff, I
wouldn't have blinked, because I would then have the *option* of
deciding for myself whether to pay for park admission.

<snip>

Mark's right...folks have been being very nice about this (and it's still
not really into the debate thing, so thank you all for that!)...but he's
being lambasted just for playing devil's advocate here, and if it hadn't
been him, it would've been sombody else. Mark has been involved with the
organizers since the beginning of BricksWest, and has been privy (if not
overly vocal before) to most of the behind-the-scenes goings-on.

<snip>

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence, Matt. I intend to still pay the
full amount, out of support for your effort and for the event itself (I
want there to be a next year). However, I've been making a lot of noise,
mainly because of SEALUG members who have either decided not to go, or
who are on the fence because they may not get their money's worth.

If your $10.00 at-the-door charge is implemented, that might turn the
tide for a few of the SEALUG people who are on the fence about coming
down. I am very much in support of giving folks an option here.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations