 Events / BricksWest / 54
Re: Registration Opens For BricksWest™ 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 23:28:07 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Mark Sandlin writes:
In article <Gnpqp4.3HD@lugnet.com>,
"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote:

SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!

The gaming event in LA the same weekend is $30 for three days.  It does not
include access to Legoland, T-Shirts, and the like.  There are more hotels,
so competitive rates were obtained.  There's a dealer's room to help pay the
expenses.  $75 is not out of line for a three day convention.

At the same time, I don't want to tie up an entire long weekend with Lego
(especially since I'm taking my son to Legoland just after Christmas).
However, someone coming from farther away may not feel the trip justified
unless it is.  I'd love to come for a one-day, non-Legoland-day price, but
at $75, I might just have to give it a pass, Steve Jackson or not - I just
got the Collector's X-Wing for $75 (with tax!).

Bruce