 Castle / 6352
Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:42:17 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mark Sandlin writes:

I don't know that it's "too grown-up," but I don't think Tolkien is as
present in the popular consciousness as Harry Potter.  That's not to say
Tolkien isn't the foundation of modern fantasy, but I think the average child
today is vastly more familiar with Potter than with Middle Earth.

I think this is true, but with the first LOTR movie being released in
December 2001, public consciousness will skyrocket.

  I hadn't considered that.  Even so, with the Potter film forthcoming, I'm
afraid dear Harry will still hold kids' primary interest.  Of course, the old-
school fans of Tolkien are another matter; however, while many AFOL's appear
to be Tolkein fans, I wonder how many Tolkein fans are or would become active
Lego consumers...

     Dave!