 Off-Topic / Debate / 6571
Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 22:09:55 GMT

You also have to consider that most people just don't care.

If you go around correcting people, they're going to roll their eyes and
give you that look reserved for Trekkie conventions and people like me who
stood out in line all night for Star Wars tickets. ;^)

~Mark
--
Mark's Lego Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego

From: "Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com>

I'm not disputing that.  In fact, one of the first points in my original
post was a recognition of the possibility of product dilution.  Nor am I
asserting "Legos" as the correct form; I'm simply saying that, if a person
identifies a single brick as "a Lego," it is not incomprehensible that the
same person would refer to several bricks as "Legos," considering that "S" is
an adequate pluralization in countless other examples.  Whether or not it's
correct from a trademark standpoint isn't the issue; in common experience the
false plural construction is adequately descriptive.  The fact that it dilutes
the trademark is unfortunate, but it happens nonetheless.

Dave!