 Castle / 6338
Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 18:09:45 GMT

I wonder what everyone wants the future of Castle to be?
I ask the question then; what should the future of Castle Lego be if you had
your own say?

I for one wouldn't mind seeing more along the lines of fantasy genre.  The
dragons and wizards were a good start, but could you imagine Elves and Dwarves
battling each other over age old fueds.  All the while, the humans expand
their lands and knowledge of magic, leading to dragon riders and maybe flying
ships.  Creatures of the undead (ie. zombies, etc.) would haunt the dark
forests while were-creatures plague the countryside, preying of unsuspecting
farmers.  And when all is at its bleakest, the darkest hour will reveal an
enemy more frightening than can be imagined.  An enemy which is only bent on
the total eradication of life.

Of course, this may be a little too scandalous and involved for TLC.  I can't
imagine they would have the desire to take on such an large project, even
though many people would welcome a greater focus on the Castle Theme.  They
could even do a tie in to some established fantasy line such as D&D or Middle
Earth if they lack the resources to develop creative products.

I know I for one would contribute in any way I could for free if it meant such
a revolution (or an evolution).  We saw the multi-media push surrounding Rock
Raiders, and the upcoming (or just released, I believe) Knight's Kingdom
Creater.  It's entirely possible, and after their embrace of Star Wars and
Harry Potter, why not?

Some thoughts for next year or beyond:

Wizards' towers: one for King Leo's and one for an evil, undead controler
Bull's fortress: hopefully with a torture chamber or 'Pit of Despair'
Dragonriders: All decked out in Chrome
Peasant's farm: Hey, have they ever done this (sheep and cows would be cool)?

Now, along my proposal:

Dwarves: underground fortress, including smithy
Elves: Tree city-fortress, wooden swords (easy if they are just brown colored)
Humans: Fortress, keep, tower, mills, river craft
Magic: Flying ships (just regular sailing vessels with sails and catapults)

I can always dream!

Rich

In lugnet.castle, Bradley Dale writes:
In lugnet.castle, Richard Sperber writes:
Will TLC sell castle accesseries for Knight's Kingdom? In 2001?  Can anyone
speculate on what will be new for 2001 in Castle?  I wonder if the Chrome • Sets
or some version of them will be added to the 2001 lineup?

Its a little sad that all we can do is ask questions, never hearing any
answers.

Rich

Here is my speculation, but it's just wishful; thinking.

Minifig Heroes Royal Family- Queen Leonara, Princess Storm, and a special
version of Leo exclusive to this set.

Bulk Caslte Wall Sections; straight, corner, or new tower

Mass market chorme knights

Chrome Knights Fortress- silver gate, silver catapults, silver flagpoles...

Forestmen III glider- polybag

Forestmen III tree tower

Forestmen III river fort