 Castle / 6346
Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:19:14 GMT

Jason Spears wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Christopher Lindsey writes:
I still dream that they'll pair up with the folks making the
Lord of the Rings movie due next December...  That would just
be *AWESOME*...  I've always dreamed that LEGO would do something
with Tolkien's world.  I also bet that it would draw the same
collector crowd as the Star Wars stuff did.

Chris

I too think a Lego/Tolkien team up would be great.  The Orcs, Trolls, and
Hobbits would be lots of fun.  But I think the closest we will get will be the
Harry Potter theme.  More than likely Tolkien will be considered too grown-up
for Lego's target consumers (ie, not us AFOL).

Just my two-bits,
Jason

I think the problem for TLC would be the licensing issue.  IIRC,
Christopher Tolkien owns the rights to the Tolkien estate and any
Tolkien-themed products that are released have to be approved by the
estate.  They apparently have very rigid standards of content and
control that may be unacceptable to TLC.  Just guessing.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu