 Castle / 6353
6352  |  6354
Subject:
Chrome Knights now at LEGO Shop At Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 19:14:59 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

OK -- it took a little longer than we thought, but we've secured a supply of
the LEGO "Chrome Knights" sets. They are now available from LEGO Shop At Home
(1.800.453.4652) for $4.99 each. Currently, only sets 4816, 4817, and 4818 are
in stock; we're still working on 4819 and hope to have that one available soon
as well.

These sets are known at LEGO as "HTO" sets -- for high traffic outlet, e.g.
supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores, etc. -- and are intended to
complement existing LEGO themes and build interest in the LEGO brand in
establishments where you might not otherwise see our products. In the US and
Canada, you won't be seeing these in the "usual" places like Wal-Mart,
Toys "R" Us, K Mart, Target, and so on, though they are more readily and
widely available at retail in Europe.

However, we will aim always to have these items available through LEGO Shop At
Home in addition to their HTO distribution. Consequently, we've also got our
hands on current LEGO Soccer and LEGO Dino Island HTO items. These are sets
3412 through 3414 (LEGO Soccer, available for $4.99 each) and sets 5911
through 5914 (LEGO Dino Island, available for $2.99 each).

Currently, all of these are available through LSAH in the United States and
Canada only; we are working on securing an additional supply for LEGO Shop At
Home in Europe.

In future, it is our goal to make as much of our global product assortment
available through LEGO Shop At Home -- both in North America and Europe (and
elsewhere as we expand -- as is possible. In some instances, we will be able
to offer certain items only in limited markets or even not at all. For a
variety of different reasons, some items have distribution restrictions. For
example, we can't sell the Shell sets at all due to the nature of our
agreement with Shell. And we can -- for the moment -- sell LEGO Studios only
in the US and Canada. But when we *can* make any of our products available, we
will. If we don't, please understand that there is a good reason for it.

One more thing... the final countdown is running for LEGO Shop At Home online.
Keep checking back at LEGO.com for news.

Until then... Play Well.

-- Brad

Brad Justus
Senior Vice President, LEGO Direct