 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 862
Re: Chrome Knights now at LEGO Shop At Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:01:12 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Mark Koeberl writes:
Brad Justus wrote:

OK -- it took a little longer than we thought, but we've secured a supply of
the LEGO "Chrome Knights" sets. They are now available from LEGO Shop At • Home
(1.800.453.4652) for $4.99 each. Currently, only sets 4816, 4817, and 4818 • are
in stock; we're still working on 4819 and hope to have that one available • soon
as well.

snip...

Until then... Play Well.

-- Brad

Brad Justus
Senior Vice President, LEGO Direct

Brad, this may not be a good idea. I like the sets, but couldn't this get
you in trouble? In the spirit of Lego Direct, how about letting us order the
chromed helmets and shields and stuff in bulk? Just trying to help. :)

In seriousness, nice work. As long as I don't become obsessed with the idea
of forming an army of silver warriors, thanks for making the sets available.

Mark K.

Actually, from a Lego perspective the purpose of these sets is to build
interest in Lego.  Since, I think, everyone here or using S@H is already
pretty interested in Lego, I don't think it's hurting anything.  Quite
frankly, I've never seen a toy aisle at a grocery store that looked any good,
probably because it's not worth enough to toy makers to pay for shelf space at
grocery stores.  This is strictly a marriage of convenience so to speak.

Matt