 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 848
Re: Chrome Knights now at LEGO Shop At Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 00:35:20 GMT

"Brad Justus" <legodirect@lego.com> wrote in message
OK -- it took a little longer than we thought, but we've secured a supply • of
the LEGO "Chrome Knights" sets. They are now available from LEGO Shop At • Home
(1.800.453.4652) for $4.99 each. Currently, only sets 4816, 4817, and 4818 • are
in stock; we're still working on 4819 and hope to have that one available • soon
as well.

These sets are known at LEGO as "HTO" sets -- for high traffic outlet, • e.g.
supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores, etc. -- and are intended to
complement existing LEGO themes and build interest in the LEGO brand in
establishments where you might not otherwise see our products. In the US • and
Canada, you won't be seeing these in the "usual" places like Wal-Mart,
Toys "R" Us, K Mart, Target, and so on, though they are more readily and
widely available at retail in Europe.

This is certainly good news but it will probably have a detrimental affect
on my BrickBay store.  ;-)

I was at the Orlando LIC this afternoon where they had all of the sets that
Brad mentions (Dino, Castle, Soccer) in his post.  Prices at the LIC are
$5.49 for the castle and soccer sets, $2.99 for the Dino sets.  I bought a
set of the castle sets (to put on BrickBay, I am not ashamed to admit it)
and I got the last copy (on the shelves who knows what else they had in
stock)  of one of the sets,  I don't recall which one but I think it was the
one with the skeleton.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com