 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 867
Re: Chrome Knights now at LEGO Shop At Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:25:06 GMT

As it stands, Brad has adopted a "TLC's Emissary" approach to communicating to
us here on Lugnet.  Fine.  Just make no mistake that it is perceived as little
more than free advertising by me and anyone else with enough grey matter to
rub together and create a spark of electricity.

I'm not sure if I have enough grey matter - but I do agree.

Now, after so little a thing as the availability of these sets in the U.S.
others are suggesting extra purchases and so forth. Why should I care if Lego
Direct or S@H is a success or not?  What do they do for me that I should buy
extra sets or generate good word of mouth advertising for them?  I see the
relationship as largely one-sided and highly impersonal. Company to consumer.

Yep, it would be better if cutting out the middle man meant low prices - but
it does not. Further to that, at times I find the service here (UK/Europe)
pretty poor.

I hope to be surprised by the full unveiling of Lego Direct, but I
am not exactly holding my breath...

Ditto

Ignore them. Ignore them all. Ignore the rude, and ignore the clueless.

Hmmm, you mean this isn't already TLC's policy?  News to me...

but who is actually in touch with reality and knows that it takes time
and that every positive step has to show positive returns in order to take • the
next one)

Are you kidding?  If I waited for results every time I did a thing I would
need to be VERY long-lived indeed to accomplish anything at all!  Your model
may be more important if you are a very small company with few assets

Yes - these sorts of cash flow problems are for the small guy. Size kills,
LEGO should be taking B I G steps - not small.

am tired of the "***-kissing" attitude some of you think is necessary when
communicating with this business, TLC.

I have spoken about this a few time here an elswhere, an I was begining to
think that the "respect" BJ gets was a US culture thing - I'm glad you proved
me wrong.

Scott A