 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 847
Re: Chrome Knights now at LEGO Shop At Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 23:52:07 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Brad Justus writes:
OK -- it took a little longer than we thought, but we've secured a supply of
the LEGO "Chrome Knights" sets. They are now available from LEGO Shop At Home
(1.800.453.4652) for $4.99 each. Currently, only sets 4816, 4817, and 4818 are
in stock; we're still working on 4819 and hope to have that one available soon
as well.

<snip>

Way to go Brad.

I wonder if the people who were slamming you for not posting a "we're working
on it" immediately when they first asked for these sets (who probably then
would have slammed you for not giving all the details on your progress,
meeting by meeting by interminable meeting) are big enough people to now step
up and say that they're sorry for being rude and nasty.

Heck, I wonder if they'll even order what they were whining for?

In both cases, especiallly the former, I doubt it... Some people don't get how
things get done in big corporations. You don't make a lot of noise about what
you are going to do and then get told not to do it, you get it done, show that
it was a good thing to do and build your upward consensus to keep doing it
again.

So they'll keep slamming you no matter what you do. I expect some slams from
certain non US folks for you on this as well, despite your explanation about
availabilities.

Ignore them. Ignore them all. Ignore the rude, and ignore the clueless.

An aside: I think Rose's suggestion that we need to buy some through the
retail channels too and not just via S@H is a good one.

++Lar (who wishes there were a magic wand to get all of LD goals done all at
once but who is actually in touch with reality and knows that it takes time
and that every positive step has to show positive returns in order to take the
next one)