 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 863
Re: "Chrome" sets 4816-19
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:06:34 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Richard Marchetti writes:

Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you don't have anything nice to
post, you shouldn't post at all?  Sarcasm isn't clever; just mean and uncivil.

Yeah, but then I'm not a catholic either...so what's your point?  I certainly
disagree with your attitude concerning sarcasm.  Perhaps it's not clever, but
mean and uncivil is to stretch it a bit.  And while it's true that one might
catch more flies with sugar, I still like to pour some vinegar into the
flybottle...

  But to what end?  Does it really seem to you that Brad or TLC is more likely
to respond to your acerbic tantrums than to a politely worded request for
information?  If in fact TLC is slow to respond in any case, does it seem
probable that they'll be quicker to answer your rant?
  Since you yourself address the slow response time, and since your own sharp-
tongued posts haven't wrung any information out of Brad, it is clear that such
rants serve no constructive purpose other than marking the tree.
  Sarcasm in itself isn't mean or uncivil, but in the ways you've used it I
would say that it's futile.  Has TLC responded to your barbs?  Have your
diatribes resulted in better customer service?  Do you really suppose that
vinegar will provide a lasting benefit, other than allowing you to let off
steam?
  Your post suggests that politeness is a meaningless confection, but the
bitterness of your postings has yielded no greater success.

     Dave!