 Castle / 6332
  Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

Will TLC sell castle accesseries for Knight's Kingdom? In 2001? Can anyone speculate on what will be new for 2001 in Castle? I wonder if the Chrome Sets or some version of them will be added to the 2001 lineup? Its a little sad that all we can do is (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) Here is my speculation, but it's just wishful; thinking. Minifig Heroes Royal Family- Queen Leonara, Princess Storm, and a special version of Leo exclusive to this set. Bulk Caslte Wall Sections; straight, corner, or new tower Mass market (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) Yes, what ever happened to Brad? What about the bulk ordering expansion, it does say that other parts/accessories will be added in the future and that requests will be considered. Who are we supposed to make requests to? Aaron (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

I wonder what everyone wants the future of Castle to be? I ask the question then; what should the future of Castle Lego be if you had your own say? I for one wouldn't mind seeing more along the lines of fantasy genre. The dragons and wizards were a (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) I still dream that they'll pair up with the folks making the Lord of the Rings movie due next December... That would just be *AWESOME*... I've always dreamed that LEGO would do something with Tolkien's world. I also bet that it would draw the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) I too think a Lego/Tolkien team up would be great. The Orcs, Trolls, and Hobbits would be lots of fun. But I think the closest we will get will be the Harry Potter theme. More than likely Tolkien will be considered too grown-up for Lego's (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) Well, if TLC wants to bring legos into the realm of collectors (ie. the chrome and ninja sets, along with the Minifigs Collections) then they appear to be targeting the older consumer also. As one of these, I can say that some sort of Fantasy (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) We've all heard the cautions from TLC that "LEGO" is a term of intellectual property and should be preserved intact, rather than becoming diluted through such terms as "LEGOs," "lego," or "legos." Strictly speaking, I respect that, but in (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) You are right in that I made a mistake. I should have refered to them as LEGO products instead of Legos. However, I presented my posting as a casual musing over the direction I would like the Castle theme to progress, and my slip was an honest (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) Agreed, if they want us older folks to buy more, they have to target us more, and also don't jack the price on us just because we are older(we CAN do the math). (...) Actually I *DO* use LEGO as both a singular and plural, have for a while (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) I truly didn't mean to single you out, but I've been thinking about "Legos" lately, and your post just seemed like a well-timed segue for me! I'm sorry if I seemed to be coming down on you... Dave! (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) I think the problem for TLC would be the licensing issue. IIRC, Christopher Tolkien owns the rights to the Tolkien estate and any Tolkien-themed products that are released have to be approved by the estate. They apparently have very rigid (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) Amen, Aaron (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) I would love to see three specific things: 1. Defenders of the Kingdom Mini-fig pack--King Leo, Princess Storm, and both Knight figures (plenty of shields and weapons). 2. Invaders Mini-fig pack--Cedric the Bull and his two conspirator knights (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) I don't know that it's "too grown-up," but I don't think Tolkien is as present in the popular consciousness as Harry Potter. That's not to say Tolkien isn't the foundation of modern fantasy, but I think the average child today is vastly more (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) Fair enough, but this *is* a LEGO-based discussion group, and the demographic here might reasonably be expected to make a more thoughtful effort to adhere to the "correct" form. In my experience, though, this simply doesn't pan-out to the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) Sets (...) Oops! Forgot to add dreamlist prices! Sorry to post twice! Aaron :o) (...) $29.99 (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) I think this is true, but with the first LOTR movie being released in December 2001, public consciousness will skyrocket. (...) I think this is mainly because the figures SUCK. I was excited about them until I saw pictures. The Balrog looks (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) I hadn't considered that. Even so, with the Potter film forthcoming, I'm afraid dear Harry will still hold kids' primary interest. Of course, the old- school fans of Tolkien are another matter; however, while many AFOL's appear to be Tolkein (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) Maybe, maybe not. The Potter series is good - I like it a lot - but kids' interests, especially the kind that come with a blow, have a tendency to disappear just as quickly... you never know. (...) We-ell, just think about how many die-hard SW (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) the (...) up (...) Do you have an adress for the Christopher Tolkien or alternativly Bashki(ISTR that was the LoTR directors name)? I mean an en-masse letter might work.... According to my source in Hamleys SW lego happened because Lucas asked (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) This has nothing to due with the English language's rules for pluralization. It's a legal issue of trademark dilution. By referring to their products as LEGO bricks, LEGO building toys, etc., the Lego Company is trying to avoid having their (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) I'm not disputing that. In fact, one of the first points in my original post was a recognition of the possibility of product dilution. Nor am I asserting "Legos" as the correct form; I'm simply saying that, if a person identifies a single (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) Good point. I'd like to see some numbers on that. More importantly, I'd be interested to find out how many will stay with Lego after SW has gone... Dave! (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

You also have to consider that most people just don't care. If you go around correcting people, they're going to roll their eyes and give you that look reserved for Trekkie conventions and people like me who stood out in line all night for Star Wars (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) but (...) brick (...) Good general example, but bad specifics, both of these product names are still protected trademarks. Contrast cola and aspirin, lost by The Coca Cola Company, Inc. and Bayer Farben AG respectively, I believe. ++Lar (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) Notice they only refer to the LEGO brand in this quote, not the LEGO brick. The LEGO brand is rapidly expanding into computer games, books, multimedia, clothing, clocks, watches, etc.... Where will it end? John (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) Ralph Bakshi did the pseudo-live/animation version covering Fellowship and most of Two Towers. Rankin & Bass did the Hobbit and later ROTKing. Any others? John (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) Exactly. That was the initial motivation of my post. (...) Heh! You're right--even insofar as AFOLs already face a certain stigma, unfounded though it may be, the sort of pedantry we're describing stands out as somehow more extreme. Dave! (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) How about Peter Jackson, doing the whole trilogy, as we speak? (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) I'll prolly get shot for this but it's almost 6am and I can't stop myself.(1) "LEGO - the lunch box!" "LEGO - the placemats!" "LEGO - the flamethrower! (This one goes over well with the kids..)" "And MY favorite - LEGO - the Talking Timmy (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) Aspirin is still a trademark here (Canada) but not in the UK. It varies from country to country. Kevin ---...--- Personal Lego Web page: (URL) Park: Limited edition kit (URL) Kits & Custom Lego models: (URL) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) Is this a US only usage? In Australia AFAIK "Lego" is "Lego", a collective noun for the toy system, and the bricks are "Lego bricks". Maybe it's because we're used to sheep and wheat, or maybe we're just smarter ;^)(hey, this is o- t-d!). (...) (24 years ago, 14-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

(...) Hmm--looks like the folks at CNN were listening in on our conversation: (URL) Dave! (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Accesseries for Knight's Kingdom

Is it just me or are TLC getting more 'playset' focused. I would like to see a return to the castle lego 'models'. More stuff like the Guarded Inn and the modular sets which you could expand into much larger castles... oh and no falling axes which (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

James Stacey wrote in message ... (...) see (...) I noticed that too.. It seems that the current sets aren't designed with duplicate purchases in mind. They're meant to be nice little playsets that augment each other a little, but don't encourage (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)