 Castle / 14070
RE: A NEW CASTLE Wishlist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 16:58:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ken Bailey writes:
After reading the posts on castle being dead and how we should all move to
space (what do those guys have, vacuum for brains ;-)). I thought I would post
this to attempt to stimulate some discussion here and prove to everyone that we
are not dead, just merely resting.

Or building

What I would like is for you guys to post ideas for what new castle elements
you would like Lego to produce.

<snip>
Enough of my wishes for now, what would YOU guys like to see ? ? ?

Well, I have some wishes for Castle, mostly minifigure evolution
accessories.  Castle in the past released a new faction every couple of
years since the late 1980s and that usually incorporated a new weapon, new
helm, new heraldry upon the sheild and new printed torsos (and legs!).  My
top 10 new additions to Castle since I found LUGNET back in 1998, or was it
1997, are:

1.  Great Helm (often refered to as the Bucket Helm) in Dark Grey and Black.

2.  Narrow blade Long Sword, somewhat like the one included with the Mega
Blocks Knight & Wolf Block Bot, in Light Grey.  Thinner than the Chrome
Greatsword, and pointy!

3.  A Round Sheild with printed heraldry (no stud).  A Rampant Lion would be
fitting.

4.  A Tower Sheild in the design and Eagle pattern sold at LEGOLAND.

5.  PITCHFORKS for peasants!!

6.  Wheatfield Scyths (you know, the thing carried by Black Death, and
peasants).

7.  Three or four link Grey Chains with stud ends, like the ones available,
but shorter.  Which brings me to number 8...

8.  Grey Mace in two pieces, a small studed ball and a handle made from a
half length lightsaber blade.  You can turn it into a flail with #7 Chains!!

9.  Slope Brick 10 6 x 8 with Slate Roof Pattern in Light Grey, Tan and Sand
Green!  Also in 6 x 4.

10.  Light & Dark Gray Horses, perhaps with both colors similar to the
American Plains Indian set Horses.

AND the honorable mention part:

11.  A NEW Spruce-style tree, both wider and flatter, could be called the
sturdy Oak Tree!!!!!

Incorporate these into a new set of releases with many of the old favorites
thrown in, make the walls Tan, accent and roof parts Sand Green (Statue of
Liberty color) and Dark Grey.  Use brick walls instead of panels to reduce
that cost.  Make the walls hinged to open like the OLD YELLOW CASTLE,
include enough town elements and siege elements to make it fun and let the
LEGO Master Builders go to town.  THEN MAKE IT RETAIL AVAILABLE to all us
rabid CASTLE FANS.
Then I'll be happy.
Until then I will only be marginally happy.
TLC, you want me complete don't you???
Play well,
-Aaron-