 Castle / 14098
Re: A Wishlist (or mini-figs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:17:48 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Matt Hein writes:

snip

red wizard?

Agree totally, and what about a white wizard ?

snip

Then again, doing a rendition of something even cooler like a Gladiator line
or a Historical castles of Europe line would definitely get my mark.

Historic castles of Europe would probably be very difficult to do, or at least
to do it properly, given the cost factor, to build reasonably recognisable
castles would probably push the brick count up into the "super kit" bracket
costing several hundred dollars at least and that would hurt the sales
potential (worse luck)

snip
Just hoping they don't try to do another knight's kingdom like set (too  >
juniorized) or something like the fright knights.

Even though the knight's kingdom was juniorized at least it introduced those
new helmets and body prints for the king's forces, and we got another female
(queen) figure, after all, we don't exactly get many female castle figures.

As for the fright knights, didn't that introduce the witch, another "wanted"
figure, and the bat winged helmet (though they could have used more blocks and
thought the design out a bit better).

snip
[1]- Not to bother you Hp fans out there, but after about two years without
a book and the prospects of even getting to movie four

I'm not a fan (never even read the books) but I think the next volume is not
that far away (possibly September or early October), and the second film has
the trailers already available, so I don't think we will be seeing the end of
the Potter stuff just yet. Also, what happens if Lego is tied into a contract
for the next X amount of years ? We could conceivably be seeing Potter for
another 5 years or so (how long is the Star Wars contract for?)

Sorry if I've scared you with all that next 5 years stuff ;-)

Ken