 Castle / 14099
Re: A Wishlist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:36:47 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Magnus Lauglo writes:
snip
Some new weapons; infantry pike, glaive (without an oversized blade), mace,
morning star etc.  It would also be cool to see a return of the round shield,
perhaps it coudl be made in brown and other colours too?

Some new helmets. I'd really like to see a medieval sallet (tight-fitting late
medieval helmet with visor), a normal norman helmet (simply a flared helmet)
without the falre, but keeping the noseguard, and a kettle helmet with a
slightly less broad brim, and without that silly "chainmail hood" attached to
it, which doesn't look like a chainmail hood at all. New castle minifigs could
have chainmail hoods painted onto their heads. Preferably across the whole
head, or realitically just aroud the face.

Agree, did you see the post earlier giving the address of the guy who is
planning to create som new weapons and at least 1 helmet.

I'd like to see a brick, say a 1 by 2 by 3 with a realistic looking arrow slit
cut into it.

Not sure how the purists would view this one, after all, with a bit of fiddling
it is possible to make an arrow slot using the SNOT style.

horses in new colours,

Sounds good, Id also like to see a new horse figure with the legs in a
different position, and if a larger draught/cart horse could be made ?

In terms of basic building bricks, it woud be cool to get some new 1 brick
high pieces that could be incorporated into a  round 8 by 8 tower

Not sure what you mean there, but anything that helps build round towers has to
be good.

would we prefer a Jack Stone castle line, or no castle line?

Hey, stop trying to scare us, no fair ;-) (runs into corner and mumbles to Lego
collection, he didn't really mean it, he's only joking)

Ken