 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1409
Re: A NEW CASTLE Wishlist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:43:03 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.castle, Ken Bailey writes:
Again released in the old castle set, I still have one I think.

There are two types of MB castle swords.  If you go to my parts wanted page,
you will find what I am calling "Mega Bloks Sword 1" and "Mega Bloks Sword
2" [note: those are just scans, not properly scaled or sized in relation to
one another] -- anyway, I think the one mentioned was of the latter type. See:

http://www.ozbricks.com/blaktron/parts/#mb

-- Hop-Frog

Actually, there is a wider variety from MB.  Block Bot Ninja and Dragon has
two Katana swords slightly shorter than TLCs sword.  The big ugly old Castle
set from the early 1990s had what I will call "Crusader" medium length grey
swords, the Viking Long Boat had "Short Swords" smaller and black, and the
Knight & Wolf Block Bot had the "Long Sword", with a backward crossguard, in
grey.  The new Dragons sets have NO swords at all, probably their biggest
downfall.
I really liked the MB swords better than the two types available from TLC
(LEGO).
The last one mentioned is the only recent MB Castle sword still in
production, and is also the one I was refering to.  It seems that MB mints a
new sword for each set.
Play well,
-Aaron-