 Castle / 14092
Re: A Wishlist (or mini-figs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 22:31:36 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Yaron Dori writes:
Dear Aaron West & Bruce Hietbrink:

Sorry if by saying "No Ninja (as far as I think it's not Castle, never have
been and never will be)" meant as attack of the Ninja line.
I bought some Ninja myself and use them for Castle's and although I didn't
think that it was that great, you know what they say about different strokes
..., LEGO can make varient themes like Romans, Greeks, Vikings ...
I love history, that's why I love castles (also Pirates & Western).

The main point of the original massage was to make a big set of mini-figs
like they did with the City line like set 9293-Community Workers for us
Castles lovers (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/9293) but I guess it lost on the
argument on what was real castle and what wasn't.

That would be great, especially if they tried a re-release of a set like
6103 (one of my all time favorite minifigure sets). But then again, if would
be cool to have a minifigure set with armor plates, or even better, maybe a
red wizard? (why they haven't made one of those yet is beyond me...)

Why anyone would perceive "no ninja" as an attack on that has no real merit.
If someone said to me "no anime", that's their opinion, so I wouldn't get
offended. Personally, though, It would be great to see an extension of the
ninja line, perhaps a middle eastern islamic themed sets (don't 9/11 me people)
Then again, doing a rendition of something even cooler like a Gladiator line
or a Historical castles of Europe line would definitely get my mark.

I'm sure lego is probably just waiting for the Harry Potter line to die out
before they start castle anew (I think as a fad and interest, HP is
beginning to fade drastically [1]. Just hoping they don't try to do another
knight's kingdom like set (too juniorized) or something like the fright
knights.)

<<_Matt Hein_>>

check it: http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/~1112/

[1]- Not to bother you Hp fans out there, but after about two years without
a book and the prospects of even getting to movie four, the longetivity of
the following seems to be dim. Hey, look on the bright side, lego will
probably release some new castle stuff so that will more than trade off.